+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Relationship won’t progress? Shy guy?

Relationship won’t progress? Shy guy?

Hello! I am not new to dating at all. And I am picky. But the stars aligned randomly this year to bring a Guy I’ve been secretly crushing on to move to my city for a new job and happened to be single! Leading up to his move we called and texted and sent videos every day for 3 months. Then he moved here (and is busy obviously!) so we’ve had 3 dates. In person is JUST AS GREAT as long distance. We talk for hours and laugh and have so many of the same interests and the attraction is there! I know he USED to by shy with girls and still might be but at the end of the first date he went in for a kiss (a good one at that) not a huge makeout session but a decent kiss goodnight. However...the 2 dates since then (been seeing each other once a week) are the same...I almost feel friend zoned (no kissing or touching or hand holding or flirting) till the kiss goodnight. I want to progress a little bit into makin our or hand holding and eventually sex....but at this rate i feel like it’ll be 4 months till I get a makeout session haha. What should I do? I’m used to guys taking the reigns so I don’t want to turn him off by being too aggressive and because he’s not putting out those signals I don’t want to cross a line. Should i just let it be and see where it goes? I’m very confused by this i feel like a guy in the relationship.

I don't see any problems for you to initiate. If you said that he is shy, he most likely is too scared to take the next step. A little aggressiveness shouldn't turn him off unless he doesn't like you which doesn't seem to be the case.

See my reply here. http://www.loveforum.net/ask-a-male-forum/101484-normal-introvert-run-crush-post1047224.html#post1047224

> What should I do?

You need to make the first moves. Or say something like "I'd like it if you kissed me." Or, if you want sex, get him somewhere private and ask him "Are you ready to get naked and... do things?" A naughty smile helps get the point across.

I'm an introvert and I did not have a natural skill for interpreting these dating hints.
    Last edited by bulrush; 03-01-18 at 07:49 PM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I reckon that dudes a legend! Unfortunately, I think the problem is with you. You need to get past your lusty desires lol, and just enjoy what you have. Patience is more than a little bit important. You dont want to throw away what you have. Just go with the flow. Take it easy. I would advise my daughters to wait for those sexual things until they get married, but I didn't follow that advice and I don't think anybody else does nowadays either. So, maybe surprise him wearing a little skirt from sometime. Guide the future without pushing it. But do just chill, and be patient. Enjoy the moment.