+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Peruvian girlfriend invited me to visit. Is it worth the travel?

Peruvian girlfriend invited me to visit. Is it worth the travel?

I’m a thirty-five year old who’s been in a few relationships. I’m currently dating a girl from Peru that I met on a foreign affair. We’ve been together for two years now. I’m looking forward to proposing to her soon, she just has no idea. Our relationship is going really well. I couldn’t ask for anyone better.

The first time we talked, I knew there was something special about her. Two months after our initial contact, I asked her to be my girlfriend and she said yes. Her attitude never faltered even after the time that has passed. She's really genuine with her actions and emotions. Honestly, she's the most genuine person I've met.

About a week ago she invited me to visit her in Peru. I told her I'll think about it first. I've never been to the country before, but it seems like a good idea to visit Machu Picchu with her. I just need the opinion of others to make sure this is a good idea. What should I prepare for my visit? Should I just tell her to visit me instead?

She promised to give me a tour in her place. Should I send her money ahead so she can make necessary arrangements or should I wait until she sends me the needed expenses? Also, is proposing on my first visit a good idea too? I really need legit advice.

Tired of these fake posts, place needs more mods. We have so many regulars here that would be great mods

[MENTION=85795]GLYC[/MENTION] Haha, I think the same person is making these threads. Might be to make the forum look more active, inside job? I don't know..suspcious to me. Lots of us have been asking for mods, for years...there used to be two and then none for many years. I think 4 would be a good start on here.... one's different time zones and reading different sections a few times a week.

[MENTION=78654]dollhouse[/MENTION] I think it's advertisement for that site, it's product placement. Hoping desperate men create accounts on there, likely a scam. And information phishing.

Yesssss, I can think of a few posters on here that would make really great mods, several of you have been really active.

Sadly not my site or my decision though.

I mean, that guy with the Peter thing showing poop and dong pictures was able to do that for weeks, people asking for legitimate advice had their threads basically attacked with some pretty disturbing images.

I'm surprised this site is even open to be honest, just based on the lack of supervision during that, I'm not sure how present the real admin is on here?

Hello myfirsttime;

You two have been dating for only two years? I'm not going to talk against you taking this trip, but if you really feel the way you do about her, then by all means GO! There's nothing wrong with you making the first move. (and besides, think of it as a 'mini-vacation.') She sounds like a sweet girl.

Just make sure things are setup for you before you go. Like hotel arrangements. If you feel comfortable enough with her, send the money. (or just make the arrangements yourself. Just go online to find the best hotels in Peru near her). If she says you can stay with her, I wouldn't. (She may try to keep you there permanently.) But No proposal yet. Later, let her make the next trip here. Give her the option, if she wants to stay in a hotel or with you. (But don't push it).

After a visit from each of you, then slowly talk about a future life together. If all goes well, then pop the question! She'll say 'Yes' and I'll say congratulations!! (send me a slice of wedding cake)

Ron "The Love Doctor" Kennedy
    Need One-On-One Help? PM me.

RJ,

This post is an ad, so don't take it seriously.

Also, I message the admin to volunteer to admin this site. No response yet.

madothw, how can you tell that post was an advertisement? Please educate me!

Ron "The Love Doctor" Kennedy
    Need One-On-One Help? PM me.

When they drop "a foreign affair" which is a foreign hookup site, it's a tell-tale sign that it is an ad. Also they have been posting these stories on here the past couple weeks.

Oops. I answered one of those just now.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”