+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Opinions on this YOUNGER guy situation!! ?

Opinions on this YOUNGER guy situation!! ?

This guy is 3 & a half yrs younger than me. We grew to be friends as we have a lot in common and he's extremely mature. I ended up moving away. He got really down and upset. He asked when I'd be coming back and I said never and he had to leave the room. He started a fight with his friends and began to cry (this all was a result of what I told him). Then on my last day he was playing soccer with the other guys, I was standing there watching. In the middle of the game he ran down the field, picked a flower and ran back up and gave it to me. Just as I was about to leave he gave me a hug. I told him I'd miss him and with really sorrowful eyes he sadly, meaningfully, slowly said he'd miss me too. Couple months later I run into him at church with my younger sister (who is his age). He stares at me the whole time and smiles as he passes me gazing into my eyes. My younger sister is a thousand times prettier than me and has a model figure and yet he didn't even glance at her. I asked her afterwards and she said that he only had eyes for me; she couldn't get over how much he was staring into my eyes and completely ignored her beside me. She said he couldn't stop smiling either. Guys I'm confused, honest opinions! ??

Well, if you're 19, that'd make him 16. I would walk away from the situation, he's into you, who would react that way if they weren't? But he's 16, mature or not, it's against statutory laws in the US. So don't mess with it.

Sounds like you have some confidence issues possibly, based on how you talk about yourself, but i'd date a guy closer to your age

No way would I even consider it I'm not insane! Just wanted to know if I was being dramatic or not about his actions and whether or not I should just avoid him.

What do you want?

This is so stupid. If you like the guy then go for him. Many have started relationship when one is younger than legal age but after years it doesnt matter cause time fix young age fast. If this guy is not enough for you I dont understand what else you need.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by holahaysus View Post
    No way would I even consider it I'm not insane! Just wanted to know if I was being dramatic or not about his actions and whether or not I should just avoid him.
    I thought you moved away or were going to move away? Wouldn't you be naturally avoiding him if you weren't there? Clarification please.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion