+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What if he is just pretending to love me?

What if he is just pretending to love me?

Hi. My ex boyfriend and I dated for two years and then I broke up with him. He preceded to date my best friend. Now we’ve been spending more time together and I think I still love him. I flirted with him while his friends were there and now I think maybe his friends told him that it would be funny to act like he loved me again too. Later that day we talked a lot about each other and just caught up. He then playfully touched my nose and drew a heart on my paper. We had an arm wrestle and he said if I won then I could give him a hug. I could be overthinking it but what if he really doesn’t love me and is just pretending? Of course maybe he loves me too. Advice please on how to know if he means it?

What did i just read?
    How do we know if he loves you?

Just what?

What do you want?

- - - Updated - - -

Ps.
    Simply read what you wrote us
    And then think about it from an outsiders perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelia12546 View Post
    Hi. My ex boyfriend and I dated for two years and then I broke up with him. He preceded to date my best friend. Now we’ve been spending more time together and I think I still love him. I flirted with him while his friends were there and now I think maybe his friends told him that it would be funny to act like he loved me again too. Later that day we talked a lot about each other and just caught up. He then playfully touched my nose and drew a heart on my paper. We had an arm wrestle and he said if I won then I could give him a hug. I could be overthinking it but what if he really doesn’t love me and is just pretending? Of course maybe he loves me too. Advice please on how to know if he means it?
    Are you forgetting that he's dating someone else now? Or... are they no longer seeing one another... please clarify. In the meantime while we await your answer I'll ask you how you think we strangers would know if he loves you?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion