+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help me please! Advice needed

Help me please! Advice needed

Ok, so I was married about 8 years ago and had a long term affair with another married woman. I left my wife thinking we would be together. She stayed with her husband and I got divorced and moved on with life.

Almost 7 years ago I meet my current wife, and couldn't be happier.

While I was having the affair years ago, my partner that I was having a affair with got pregnant. She told me it was mine, then it wasn't...lied about paternity test ect..

We continued to see each other after she had the baby for a short time..and she got pregnant again and basically told me to never contact her again....

Fast forward to present time ..
    I received a call from her at my work saying that both boys are mine and she has contacted child support and wants me to be a part of there lives. I have no problem with being a part of there lives..

The big problem is , my current wife knows I had a affair but doesn't know about the boys ..i have to tell her , but don't know too..how she will take it, ect....out relationship is perfect and I couldn't be happier. Scared I will lose everything

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

This is a rough situation that you got yourself into. I would take the honest route and tell it like it is. State that your ex affair partner just sprang this on you and need to be part of your children's life.
    Did you confirm that she is lying with a paternity test?

If your relationship is perfect, then fear not. However in reality, nothing is perfect. There was no way for you to know the boys even existed, how can she be angry?

1st things first, tell her.
    Ensure the other woman is not lying.

Then worry about the rest. If she loves you, she will work through it with you.