+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he manipulating my close friend?

Is he manipulating my close friend?

So, a really close friend of mine is dating this guy . She's 22 (white) he's 27 Muslim. They met through Bumble. So, today he sends her a Whatsapp message saying how he's 'planned to go to Manchester with a group of friends, that he's left his phone charger behind and that he'll speak to her friday night, then sends her a snapchat message saying how he's doing errands in London etc asking her about her plans. She gets annoyed cause he seemed to lie to her. She's spending time with her folks during the holidays, she told him she was going to see more family this weekend. They haven't met in person in over a week but have spoken to each other through social media.They do live in the same city . He's been like this before when she's been with her folks, he wanted to face-time her one evening but she couldn't she was spending time with family at a concert, got back quite late at night and went to sleep. He told her the next day he thought she was bored of him. He got annoyed with her one time cause she missed his call dealing with the postman, told him she hadn't got the notification of him calling, and he accused her off lying. Another incident happened when she was doing her Masters degree work, she ignored his call, cause she wanted to finish her essay , he cancelled plans on meeting her cause he didn't believe that she was doing work. This has been going on for quite a while.

he seems very self centered but not manipulative. he wants him as her top priority over everybody including her family. he appears to be very mean by calling her a liar and deny previous date to punish her like a child.

i would not put up with this abuse by a love interest. she needs to think about if she can become so subservient to his every desires as he surely want to control her life completely based on your information
    Last edited by bunnyhabit; 22-01-18 at 03:15 PM. Reason: typo error