+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My ex still calls me ‘beautiful’ (pet name)

My ex still calls me ‘beautiful’ (pet name)

My ex greeted me this Christmas after a month of NC.The only thing that surprised me and caught me off guard is that he still referred to me by my pet name, which is "beautiful." Does that mean anything? Old habits die hard? Or was he just expressing affection for me?

Well... honestly, we aren't mind readers. We can't really know. I'd lean towards thinking he probably just did it out of force of habit. It could certainly mean he still has feelings for you, but it may have just been an automatic response. Like, it is just what he tends to call you and he didn't even think about it.

To be honest, you can't know either. Obviously you aren't a mind reader or you wouldn't be asking us. So it really isn't even worth speculating. If you no longer want to be with him, then who really cares what it meant? If you think you may want to give the relationship another chance, then talk to him and see if maybe he'd like to as well. Whether he said it unintentionally out of habit or said it because at least part of him still wants to be with you is sort of irrelevant (or at least it is since you can't know which was the case). Do YOU want to give him a second chance, or do you think it is just over and better to move on?

Good luck to you either way.

Chose whatever you want it to mean and act accordingly

He expressed what he thinks of you and how he sees you. He probably still has feelings for you.

Hi everyone. Thanks for the replies. Wishing you all a blessed New Year. Cheers to 2018

I finally ended the NC rule and sent him a message. We arent getting back together. He told me that I deserve someone better. I believed in him. It is not that he is not good enough. It is just that he knows he cannot give me what I am are looking for. He likes me but doesn't like me enough. After our heart to heart conversation. My heart hurt, and I do not remember how much I cried. But I do remember looking into the distant night skyline and knowing that I would be alright the next day. He was not my soulmate, because my soulmate would not let fears get in the way of love. The world is so big and life is so short. There is so much in my life that are more important. The only difference was that he gave up before he even tried, whereas I never succumbed to my fears and always kept my dignity. In retrospect, I think he met the right person at the wrong time. So for him, this whole thing is just a deep sigh of what could have been. But for me, I met the wrong person at the right time. So for me, it is a heartbreaking experience. I know one day, I will meet someone who thinks and does the same as me.