+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I propose her or not

Should I propose her or not

Hello Community,

I am a 17 years old Muslim Indian boy. I love my cousin(girl), younger by 3 months than me. We have got a lot of valuable time together. As all knows, in Muslims cousin marriage is possible and even RECOMMENDED and even my family follows it. In muslims, cousins aren't like TOO close people etc. I am telling you just points for you guys to know. Now the main thing, I met her in 2010 and she lives in my hometown, my father is in government job, so we live 600kms far from my hometown, I come for hardly 2months in hometown, when am not in hometown, I chat with her on whatsapp, but only general chats, can't talk related to love or something even related to that as her mom(my father's sister) is always watching her mobile. And I spend atleast 1-2months all time with her in year. She always seems to be happy with me. Well we travelled and visited a lot of places together, like Jammu And Kashmir, Ladakh, and many more places but there sure always with families, we were not alone. We even gone to restaurants a lot of time too. Now lets talk about our relation ship, looks like she loves my company, she used to send me texts, send me images of foods she is eating, and asking me advice, giving me pics which I should use for profile pic etc works. Once we gone to swimming pool, and as I don't like swimming much, She was trying to get me into it, by trying to throw me into it by coming from back and she was running behind me. Then when she thrown me in, I came out and then was trying to catch her and at last i thrown her into the pool too . Once she, her brother, my sister and me have to sleep on a double bed, I came first and I slept 2nd from left, then her brother came and slept in my left, and then she came and slept in my right and then my sister in her right. I then thought to touch her palm and close our both hands together, and so I did, I am pretty sure she was not sleeping, but she didn;t opened eyes or moved his hands, and I was rubbing her hands and later we slept after 30mins around. Once she was sleeping on a bed and then on her right her mom(my father's sister) was sleeping and then I was sleeping Vertical to them. My hands was on her foot, and I am sure this time too she was not sleeping, I rubbed her foots and then she makes her foot closer to me as much she can and I keep rubbing them later we slept then. We even backbite others together and make fun of. We talk on whatsapp daily too. Am going to meet her again in 1-3days, should I propose her or not.

So now my main question is, should I propose her or tell her I like her or not?

Best Regards

I can't say I know Muslim customs all that well, so I will give you my general thoughts. It is a big jump to go from telling her that you like to proposal. You guys haven't dated yet, yet you want to propose. Playing footsie is not enough interaction with her. Do you know how she feels about marrying her cousin? I know it's accepted in the culture, but is it acceptable to her? She may only view you as family. I am assuming you are related by blood. Genetically, that is always dicey.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by madotnw_nihs View Post
    I can't say I know Muslim customs all that well, so I will give you my general thoughts. It is a big jump to go from telling her that you like to proposal. You guys haven't dated yet, yet you want to propose. Playing footsie is not enough interaction with her. Do you know how she feels about marrying her cousin? I know it's accepted in the culture, but is it acceptable to her? She may only view you as family. I am assuming you are related by blood. Genetically, that is always dicey.
    I see, well should I tell my feelings to her or should I don't?

You have to weigh the pros and cons.
    If she doesn't have feelings for you, will it end your relationship as cousins? I can't answer that, you know her the better than anyone from this forum.
    If she does love you back, would any family members be against it?