+ Follow This Topic

Thread: One blind date / we Connected strongly / we are long distance / now what?

One blind date / we Connected strongly / we are long distance / now what?

We are both in our 50's. Each of us coming out of long term marriages. Each of us has tried minimal dating. We were both in the same area during Christmas. We were set up on a blind date not really anticipating anything more then a much needed night out. Well, It was the type of date that felt very comfortable for each of us where we kept talking all night. We enjoyed a refreshing connection. We tried to set up a second date with the little time that we had during the Christmas holiday visiting but it never happened. Each of us went our separate ways returning to our homes (by air) pledging to stay in touch. After a few days passed we reconnected with little texts.

It's early but this seems to have the potential for a long distance relationship.

Where the heck do we go from here?
    Is this doable?

Let’s say this plays out and both of you want a relationship, is there any possible way for you to being physically together at some point in the future?

If you mean being physically together PERMANENTLY in the future then the answer is: "Yes it's possible at some point later in the future".

How much later? At which point?

Keep in mind this is very early in the relationship, one date, and some texting.

How much later? Probably a year at the earliest (but it could be longer). There's definitely a desire for a relocation (unrelated to our relationship). It's hard to determine now "at which point" we could be permanently together.

Then I don’t see the problem?

On the contrary
    I am happy for you to be in this wonderful situation

You had a ons and it turned out way better then it should have

I fail to see the difficulty

Here's how I see it: A relationship requires more time being physically in the same place. I've done LD but I don't like it because it limits the time we are actually together. I prefer to see them in person so I can really get to know them. You really don't know someone until you spend a lot of time together, like if you eventually move in together.

So, since I've done LD, that's the reason I don't do it anymore. My max drive time is 1 hour to my date.

If you want to pursue this go for it.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

So just to be clear our 1st date was very nice night out for drinks but not a ONS. Since that date we've played a little cat and mouse game and have enjoyed some texting every so many days.

We did set up a telephone call last Saturday which basically turned into our second date (ldr style)where we talked for two hours.

A follow up text and a Facebook friendship is now part of us.

5 days later we now have a 2nd phone call scheduled (ldr date [URL=http://www.loveforum.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3]#3[/URL] )

Both of us are rather casual about this whole thing. Thus far We both continue to test the waters as a new relationship but it's clear that we both are enjoying a commonality and level of comfort that we haven't had in a long while. Neither of us are showing signs of disinterest.

Any thoughts on keeping this thing fresh?

Sorry maybe I’m dumb

What is your problem exactly?