+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused and feel used

Confused and feel used

Hello I have been dating a guy for 3 months and in the whole relationship I would say we have only spent a month and a half together , he had a breakdown a few weeks back and turned his phone off then he came back online and didn’t answer my many messages and calls of concern he posted a snap to his snapchat story explaining why things are wrong and told selected people his troubles not me he replied hours later that’s one thing he then proceeded for like month and a half now to ignore me not speak frequently not see me frequently when I’ve asked why his reply is I’ve had a lot on my mind and need to get my thoughts together and then he saw me over Christmas 3 times considering we both have same time off when he asked me if I was ok I said yes I’m fine to play it cool then he proceeded to say he doesn’t know what his doin with his life and knows it’s unfair but he still treating me the same not talking to me not seeing me or ringing me like he used to yesterday night he wrote a message saying that he has been in a bad place and can only talk to his one friend he said I know communication is key and not speaking and ignoring doesn’t help but he was scared to talk to me I just don’t know what to take from any of this I’ve given him chances to talk to walk away if he’s not ready or doesn’t want a relationship he hasn’t accepted he ignores and acts like things are ok I don’t know what to do with any of this someone help please

I feel used to
    I want to help people and they don’t even have the sense to put their problems in a actually readable form

Please help us by breaking out your post with punctuation and indentation. Thanks.

Sorry I’ll paragraph it I was in a hurry when writing

- - - Updated - - -

Confused and feel used
    Hello I have been dating a guy for 3 months and in the whole relationship I would say we have only spent a month and a half together.
    He had a breakdown a few weeks back and turned his phone off then he came back online and didn’t answer my many messages and calls of concern he posted a snap to his snapchat story explaining why things are wrong and told selected people his troubles not me.
    He replied hours later that’s one thing.
    He then proceeded for like month and a half now to ignore me not speak frequently not see me frequently when I’ve asked why his reply is I’ve had a lot on my mind and need to get my thoughts together
    and then he saw me over Christmas 3 times considering we both have same time off when he asked me if I was ok I said yes I’m fine to play it cool then he proceeded to say he doesn’t know what his doing with his life and knows it’s unfair but he still treating me the same not talking to me not seeing me or ringing me like he used to.
    yesterday night he wrote a message saying that he has been in a bad place and can only talk to his one friend he said I know communication is key and not speaking and ignoring doesn’t help but he was scared to talk to me
    I just don’t know what to take from any of this I’ve given him chances to talk to walk away if he’s not ready or doesn’t want a relationship he hasn’t accepted he ignores and acts like things are ok
    I don’t know what to do with any of this someone help please

Straighten his head
    If he doesn’t think e can talk with you then you probably don’t have any common ground for a relationship

But IF he opens up to you make damn sure your not gonna Urteil him with your reaction

Sounds like he's in a bad place, and he didn't trust you enough to tell you what was going on, as he doesn't know you that well. Don't take it personally. Some people are just more closed with their personal problems. A lot of that has a lot to do with being made fun of in the past. Since he's in a bad place he may not be emotionally available to date right now.

Try to keep in touch and tell him "I'm here if you want to talk to me again but the ball is in your court." This says you are interested but he has to make the next move.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I'm sorry, but I reckon you should find a guy who loves you. Who wants to tell you everything, but barely has a chance because the only thing he wants more is to hear about you. Forget this guy. You are probably really young and you are wasting precious time.

One piece of advice comes to mind for you but I dont know why I'm thinking this??? I might aswell say it anyway - Love yourself. That is always the key. Love yourself with all your best bits and worse bits. Literally, stand infront of a mirror and realise that you are perfect, in the same way as everyone else is. That will sort you out. I think lol
    Last edited by Yadi; 07-01-18 at 04:56 AM.