+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Addiction to Affection

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    You are so asking for trouble!!!!!!!!! Am i the only blonde in here, I keep feeling like I'm the only one defending this situation..

Which would make the situation much worse for you Tone!!!!
    You're too smart to be a real blonde! You're just an imposter. Admit it!!! ;D
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk_T_Strife
    Shh!: She tends to have piss poor judgements in men and relationships for her are frequent and short. It seems like she likes a guy a lot, gets close very fast, then gets bored and leaves.
    Zekk, this sounds to me less of poor judgement and more of a personality disorder. However, given that she is only 21, she maybe still in the proccess of experiemnting with relationships so I could be wrong...

In either case, I'm glad that you came to a conclusion of being just friends with her
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya
    You're too smart to be a real blonde! You're just an imposter. Admit it!!! ;D
    LOL, well I think that was a compliment, so I think I thank you! But I am real blonde.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk_T_Strife
    I realized this last night but I think I may be addicted to affection. Let me know if any of you agree that this could be the signs of an actual need or if anyone has felt anything similar:

My best friend for around 7 years and I hung out last night (the girl I have a picutre of in my gallery). We hadn't talked for a while so it was great to see her again. Well it didn't take long until we were acting just as close as we always do. It amuses me really that guys won't make a move on her because it really does look like we're newlyweds sans the kisses. Anyway, whenever we're together we're CONSTANTLY touching. Either hugs, petting each others heads, walking arm in arm or just holding one another.

I've also noticed that sometimes I'll just be sitting minding my own business and all of a sudden begin to crave affection. I'll feel cold or alone and just want someone to hold onto. Does it make sense that since we were inseperable all during high school and the first year of college (5 years of ALWAYS being together) that I got so used to it that I don't feel right without it? Could it really be an addiction of sorts?

Just curious as to what you all feel about the matter.
    Thats it neo, you can do it. just focus. freeeeeeeee your mind. you are the one.
    You're in love dude. go and get her. b4 it's too late.

LOL, well I think that was a compliment, so I think I thank you! But I am real blonde.
    I think I welcome you, for thinking of thanking me
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL, careful you may confuse me as I am a blonde ya know? LOL
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

LOL, careful you may confuse me as I am a blonde ya know? LOL
    Aha!!! But you haven't been confused yet! Confirming once and for all that you really are an imposter!!!

Thank God. Genius blonde, that could have been a matter of national security
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

You DO realize that you have opened yourself up to Lloyd saying "we need proof; post a pic", don't ya?

Zekk - I tend to agree with Mish about keeping your distance from this girl for awhile. It doesn't seem like any girl you meet will be able to compete with the idealized image you have going on in your head. If I were dating you, I'd be intimidated.

Do you get out and about much? Where do you meet girls? Are you a student?

P.S. - I still wanna read something you wrote. Is it all private? You can PM me. I'll even send you the one poem I ever wrote in return, and it doesn't even start with "roses are red..."
    :-)

Am i the only blonde in here, I keep feeling like I'm the only one defending this situation..
    Yes. Most blondes can't get past "enter password" to turn the computer on. consider yourself a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Shh!
    You DO realize that you have opened yourself up to Lloyd saying "we need proof; post a pic", don't ya?
    Damn Shh!, you're stealing my thunder!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i think that people like the closeness of another person. not everyone thinks this way, however, many people long for the comfort that another human being can bring.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    Do all people crave such affection? Does everyone hunger for the touch of another human being? I am not sure. I some times think about it but I dont know if I crave it. All I know for sure is that the lack of it doesn't kill you because I am still alive. So dont worry if you don't have it.
    Oi! Oi! to that.

I'm almost afraid that I've kind of stopped caring to pursue those of the opposite sex.

Especially considering I'm living with 6 of them 24 hours a day.

Dear god.

I think I've lost my sex drive.

Or maybe it's just a lack a privacy as I've had no want or need to even jerk off anymore.

I'd be freaked out as all hell if I didn't already not care.

All I know is it can not kill you. So why care?

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    Oi! Oi! to that.

I'm almost afraid that I've kind of stopped caring to pursue those of the opposite sex.

Especially considering I'm living with 6 of them 24 hours a day.

Dear god.

I think I've lost my sex drive.

Or maybe it's just a lack a privacy as I've had no want or need to even jerk off anymore.

I'd be freaked out as all hell if I didn't already not care.

I am everything you just said. Minus the living with six of them and being afraid. I dont care. I know I dont care to pursue anymore...yet I dont care....wait a second....you s
    aid you dont care at the end either.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

zekktstrife---"Anyway, whenever we're together we're CONSTANTLY touching. Either hugs, petting each others heads, walking arm in arm or just holding one another.I've also noticed that sometimes I'll just be sitting minding my own business and all of a sudden begin to crave affection. I'll feel cold or alone and just want someone to hold onto."

Reads like you have alot of emotion invested in your cuddles. Affection can be shown in just a smile or a good conversation. Maybe a hug before parting. Not more than that cause it just blurs the lines......

Shh!: I usually get out and be social every other weekend or so with a few weekdays of visiting as well. That's going to significantly increase once I move this weekend as I will be living back down where all my friends are again. I do tend to make an image of those I like in my head that, more often than not, are unattainable and overinflated. It's never extreme though, it's just wishful thinking and I do my best not to impress on them that they're required to be what I saw in order to maintain my interest (if that at all makes sense). Yeah, I'm a student and I tend to meet girls through friends. If you went to my school you wouldn't try to meet potential companions there either.

The only thing that makes me wonder about keeping my distance is that I already have. Before I saw her on Halloween the last time I saw her was in the spring. Before that probly the summer before. We really haven't been in as much contact for about 2-3 years. Just every now and then we "rediscover" one another, have a great time, and fade away again. Does this change any advice or should I continue this kind of pattern?

To get to your other inquiry, the works I've had published range from my writings in middle school through those in early college. I'm only reluctant to share them simply because they're very emotional and yet don't reflect at all how I feel at this moment. They're more of markers for the past, places I've been on an emotional journey. If you'd like I could see if I can write up something completely new.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast