+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Books worth reading? (On relationships)

Books worth reading? (On relationships)

Its about to turn winter, and I'm planning on taking a break before even attempting to date again... so I thought I would pick up a few good books on Amazon.com.

I was interested in reading the book featured on Oprah today (How to Remodel Your Man) which is supposed to be a hilarious view of men and their roles in life in relationships.

Also on the potential list is:

He's Just Not That Into You: The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys

Be Honest--You're Not That Into Him Either: Raise Your Standards and Reach for the Love You Deserve

Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl-A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship

I have tons of other great books on my shelf already should I get tired of reading about men and love - good stuff: old classics, business books (my interests), etc. But I thought I might try some of these titles as well. Anyone read any of them, or have anything to add to the reviews posted on Amazon?

Wait! Wasn't it YOU who said to another poster you can't find your self-esteem (or whatever) in a book?
    Speak less. Say more.

But if books you must, for reasons I can't explain, "Far From the Madding Crowd" comes to my mind for you.
    Speak less. Say more.

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    Wait! Wasn't it YOU who said to another poster you can't find your self-esteem (or whatever) in a book?
    That was me...

Yeah... I wasnt looking for anything in particular out of the books, except perhaps entertainment for the winter months.

If I want true inspiration, things that spark sincere motivation to better myself, etc... I will return to my old faves that are already on my bookshelf. Classics, and even current authors I favor.

For the winter I am planning to make new friends (heterosexual female friends), laugh and have some fun... and of course work (I enjoy my work immensely). I thought those titles would make for good light reading - and may even be great conversation pieces with "the girls".

I really have to learn this friend thing all over again. Its been ages since I've had a true girlfriend - not the kind that wants to kiss you.

Well, then. I must make an effort to write something specifically for you this winter.
    Speak less. Say more.

I like to watch Sex in the City. Am I right in thinking there was a book along these lines??

Yep. [url]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0446673544/102-9401741-9514509?v=glance&n=283155&v=glance[/url]
    Speak less. Say more.

Hmm... I should check the local library. I saw several books on that list I might enjoy. Anybody read these?

Sex in the City by Candace Bushnell
    Four Blondes by Candace Bushnell
    Sex and the City: Kiss and Tell, Updated Edition by Amy Sohn
    Lipstick Jungle : A Novel by Candace Bushnell
    Sex and the City: Kiss and Tell by Amy Sohn
    Reading Sex and the City by Kim Akass

It's been so long since I've read a non-fiction book LOL, I may just read through the entire winter and on into 2007 before I run out of things to explore...

I read Four Blondes and then one other one she wrote that I can't remember the name of right now.

What did you think of it?

Trading Up was the other one, I liked both of them. I think I liked Trading Up more because 4 Blondes is just four shorter stories about each girl, then Trading Up goes more into the story for one of the girls from 4 Blondes. They're entertaining to read and if you liked Sex and the City, you will like these books.

Awesome! I already ordered the relationship books from Amazon, so I'm going to check the local library for the books by Candace - see what they have.

Thanks!

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That lipstick Jungle book is going to be made into a tv series just like sex in the city was. Although I don't know when I heard it would be soon.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast