+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Religion vs love

I've never been one to let religion stand in the way of a good ****. But then, I'm Catholic.
    Last edited by whaywardj; 03-11-05 at 12:33 AM.
    Speak less. Say more.

lol That's fantastic Hayward!

LOL! You're utterly unplussable, aren't you Junsui? Nothing makes you stumble to deliver a quip.
    Speak less. Say more.

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    Bring on the incest!
    Hey! I see no reason to get personal, here.
    Speak less. Say more.

Quote Originally Posted by junsui
    Being Christian has nothing to do with it. It's having a strong belief in your own religion and lack of tolerance for others having their own beliefs. We didn't argue because I thought I was always right, it was more him trying to prove how my belief was wrong. I don't care what others believe in, I just don't like when people try to force their beliefs on others. It is usually easier when two people in a relationship share the same belief, not that it's impossible if they don't.
    Now that makes alot of sense... so I geuss you tried everything but realize he won't and will never understand your ways of life? I guess he just oculdn't accept your beliefs then... Why? Whats wrong with having different beliefs? I think I'm asking too much. :p stop me if I'm getting too annoying.
    Last edited by wrecked; 03-11-05 at 12:48 AM.

I don't know what's wrong with having different beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    LOL! You're utterly unplussable, aren't you Junsui? Nothing makes you stumble to deliver a quip.
    Nope!

I don't really see any reason that people with different beliefs shouldn't be together, but they both need to be accepting of the other person's position in terms of religion. My ex-gf was/is a devout Catholic, and I am an atheist. We used to fight about it all the time. However, it was not me doing the fighting. I would sit there, she'd bring it up, and then spend hours telling me how stupid I was, as I sat idly by, cool as a cucumber. Then when I'd go over to her house for dinner, her whole family would get on my case about Jesus and all sorts of other Bible stuff. I'd just sit there and tell them they weren't going to get me to change my mind.

This all depends on the person. Some people who are very religious may not care if their partner is or not, and others, like my ex, do. And there could be many reasons for them caring, not just the whole heaven/hell deal. My ex used to get upset about it because she thought that when we got married and had kids, I'd sit there on Sunday morning watching tv, while the poor kids would be getting dragged to church. And at some point they would ask me why I wasn't going, and I'd tell them, and they'd turn their backs on the church like I have.

Usually the problem does come up more in marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    Usually the problem does come up more in marriage.
    Agreed. It didn't start being discussed in my relationship until we'd been together for over 2 years and began discussing marriage and such.

I've never been one to let religion stand in the way of a good ****. But then, I'm Catholic.
    have u ever ****ed a muslim girl ? , youd be surprised just how good looking some middle eastern girls can be . some dont even look like theyr from there .

i used to think middle east/muslim = ugly and hairy girls ... man was i wrong .

Now why on earth would I tell anyone who I have or haven't ****ed?
    Speak less. Say more.

Born again Christians are fundamentalist radicals..just like the guys who flew planes into our buildings.

I'm a Catholic..so theres different rules for me..
    I can smoke, ****, cheat, whatever I want....as long as I make it to church on sunday and to confession I go to heaven.

Life is gooooood.

All that standing, kneeling and genuflecting at mass gets me in the back sometimes, though. And I really have a problem with "peace be with you" on days when I feel like I want to throttle the next motherf/cker who looks at me cross-eyed.
    Speak less. Say more.

And I really have a problem with "peace be with you" on days when I feel like I want to throttle the next motherf/cker who looks at me cross-eyed.
    Ditto; plus, who knows where their hands have been and the last time they washed them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast