+ Follow This Topic
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some Ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    Tone and LLoyd, actually it's not.. I just made major headway here and found out something major about myself that is really important to me. I'm sorry if you guys are bored with this...
    Yeah, if it's not about us, sex or naked chicks, we're really not interested. Carry on...
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Don't listen to them RB. Guys are asses anyways.

Tone Guest
    hahahahhahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahaha

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Something funny there Tone?????
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Tone Guest
    YEAH there is! REAL FUNNY! His name is L L O Y D

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yikes... what crawled in your pants today?????? geesh! ;p

Tone Guest
    I'll tell you tomorrow.

If you promise to be good.

That means yelling at newbies who post multiple threads.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I always yell at newbies who post multiple threads.....just haven't seen any today!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    My personality gets bored with the same old things after awhile so I try to do differnet things and this is not just relationship wise, this is everything...
    Didnt you mention you were a Gemini, too??

I am this way as well. You know what I did? I started my own business.

Now I can push myself all I want. I can create new challenges if there arent any. I can raise the bar, set new goals, work longer hours or shorter hours... all depending on MY interest level and current focus (which changes frequently, I might add).

I am SO "into" my work... that most of the men I've dated have actually envied it. Its the thing I do when all else fails (like relationships). It's the one place I feel truly happy and challenged. Or maybe happy because I'm challenged.

I'm not suggesting you 'set up shop'... but if you can find something like that of your very own - that you are truly dedicated to and feel challenged by... perhaps it would help.

Yeah, I've got relationship problems too, I know. But I also have this to fall back on, and to focus on all day when I am not posting here at LF or trying to make a decision about this guy or that one. The relationships are (and always have been) secondary in my life. Second to my children... AND to my work (which is my means of supporting my children). More than that, it's just plain MINE lol.

I have to say... if I never marry, and if I never move beyond casual sex and good dinners... I am very content with my lifestyle overall. And I know I'll always be happy between my children and my career. I might long for a little emotional connection, or some good hot sex even - but it will never be my primary focus. In fact, a sappy movie and a good vibrator would suffice.

Hmm - that's probably why I'm hanging on to the companionship & sex in my own relationship LOL.

Anyway - find something for YOU, Rose

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree Inde, And I'm hoping to find something like that. I put all my energy on something I'm dedicated to as well. Yes I'm a gemini! LOL And I agree, I just got find that thing I can do.. LOL I'd love to start a business but that's a lot of work to get started..whew! Hmm, I'll find something. Thank you Inde!

Well, I'll say this and then I wont make another peep about it:

If you put HALF the energy into a biz that you do here at LF... you'd be earning a return on your time invested already.

... and you might even be saying "eat your heart out hubby!" and "sex, what? aint got time honey" haha

"Is there any other suggestions that could help in establishing this new ground that you can think of?" -- RB

Yeah. Brush up your grammar a little. Then, if by "new ground" you mean to refer to work you can do that will get you back some self-sufficiency and self-respect, I'd think you'd want to try to, somehow, work for yourself, from your home. Lots of people do. I used to. When I still had any ambition.

But whatever you do, remember you're doing it for yourself. Not to be a mother. Not to be a wife. Not to be a lover. Although, once you find your niche and your pace in it, whatever you do can most certainly be applied to those roles to enhance them.

Ask yourself: Where you want to be and what do you want to be doing, WHEN, then look around in your present to see what you have or don't have that can help get you there. THEN -- and here's where the daydreaming stops and work begins -- make a plan to do it. What you have, organize and consider ways of deploying it that take you incrementally closer to where you want to be. What you don't have, find. Even if you haven't a dime, you already have a valuable tool you're using for other things: your computer and a web connection.

I'm sure there's one or two or more people here in this forum who can offer you some suggestions on how you might put those resources to work for you.

I believe you'd be VERY pleased with yourself if you WERE to get out from under some of the dependency you presently have on your SO, and heartily encourage you to try.

More darkly, though, being dependent on him could be his preference, and even unbeknowngst to him. You might experience some resistance on his part once you set about staking out your own claims.
    Speak less. Say more.

Good advice, Hayward.

Do you by any chance have that download link handy still - the free book I offered in a thread several weeks back? If Rose likes what you wrote above... that particular book might prove to be a real gem to her!

LOL! Wouldn't you know, Independent, I nuked it during my last "house cleaning." Give a minute or two to put something on...
    Speak less. Say more.

Okay. Ready to go. Point your browser here, Rosebud: [url]http://rosebud.cx.la[/url].
    Speak less. Say more.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast