+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What movie would you like to win Best Picture 2018?

What movie would you like to win Best Picture 2018?

Three Billboards movie or The Shape of Water ( but is a fantasy movie and will never win among movies like ...Dunkirk, The Darkest Hour and The Post and so on)
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

The Florida Project
    The Shape of Water
    Novitiate
    ( Not out yet but looks fantastic and I love Melissa Leo as an actress so I hope it gets a nomination)
    Get Out ( probably won't get a nominate but wish it would)

I have only seen Dunkirk and Get Out as possible nominations. I didn't really like either of them though. Perhaps it was overhyped before I watched it.

I enjoyed ~ The Shape Of Water & LadyBird
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Thanks madotnw, Cantmoveon and breathe for replying.

I am curious about All The Money in the World movie, it looks good and the director recast the movie to remove pervert abuser Kevin Spacey so that could make it a contender for the recast and the story.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

I'm hoping Stallone gets an Academy Award for Creed II and finally. He is a great actor. Rocky Balboa was always his best film role, besides John Rambo.

He should have got an award for his role in Bananas (1971). Pre-Rocky bad-ass Stallone.

[MENTION=78034]breathe123[/MENTION] I forgot about the movie Lady Bird. I enjoyed it as well and wouldn't mind if it took some awards home also.

i'd vote dunkirk out of most of the movies. 3 billboards as well for woody's and sam rockwell's performances.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Thanks, Peter, Cantmoveon and Exeter.

Looks like during the awards season leading up to the Oscars Three Billboards is taking a lot of the awards for best actor, actress, movie.

A lot of the ones you all mentioned got the nom for the Oscars.... I just read the list of who all got nominated, movies, actor/actress, and directors... Sort of predictable from what has happened at other awards shows. I laughed that they didn't put Franco up for best actor, after the stories came out about him after the GBs

WTF is Phathom Thread up for Best Picture and why is Christopher Plummer up? Geesh.

Out of the list now... I would want.... The Shape of Water to win because I enjoyed that movie, it's message and I like that director the most and the two actresses in that movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Also...Wonder Woman snub and shut out at Oscars peeved me off.

Quote Originally Posted by CantMoveOn View Post
    The Florida Project
    The Shape of Water
    Novitiate
    ( Not out yet but looks fantastic and I love Melissa Leo as an actress so I hope it gets a nomination)
    Get Out ( probably won't get a nominate but wish it would)
    Excited about Get Out and Lady Bird which I listed. Sad about The Florida Project.

My two made the cut :] Doubt either will win Best Picture though, probably too small for that award.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

I would vote for The Darkest Hour or Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri.

It is looking like 3 Billboards has the most momentum to get the win atm. But, everyone thought La la land would win ( almost did, hahaha but..) Moonlight a smaller movie about a gay man took the big prize home. So you never really know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast