+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In Love With Best Friend Who I Think Will Marry Someone Else

In Love With Best Friend Who I Think Will Marry Someone Else

post deleted
    Last edited by makaveli001; 10-02-07 at 12:33 AM.

uh, cliff notes version please...

That is too long..I got bored about 1/3 of the way through.

post deleted
    Last edited by makaveli001; 10-02-07 at 12:40 AM.

You need to get professional help..if you dont want that.. then you can also meet and talk with people like yourself who abuse alchohol. Go to a twelve step meeting such as AA (Alchoholic's Anonymous) get off of the booze before you try to tackle relationhip issues........

Good Luck

Jason - the majority of "regulars" who post won't read anything that long. I bet if you tried really hard, you can condense that into something shorter, like this:

Cliff Notes Version

"In Love With Best Friend Who I Think Will Marry Someone Else"

"How do I find someone that I can love as much as I love Caroline? How do I stop making myself hurt?"

Geeze.

I think I would just lay it on the line, tell her you love her and want her to be your exclusive girlfriend. If she can't and doesn't want to get rid of the German guy then I think you are going to have to stop talking and spending time with her. At least for a long period of time, because you care too much about her and you won't be able to have just friends feelings for her.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    OK SO i think the got the main points you were trying to make here. Ok first off you can't keep sitting around dreaming about this girl waiting for her to come back to you. She has given you a lot of mixed signals about a lot of things but she is with someone else and you have to live with that and move on. yes it will be hard as you guys are and have been really close, but do you really want to sit around for something that may never happen?

Go out meet people, and meet new girls. Giev them a chance and don't just say that ebcasue they aren't like her you won't date them. You will probably never find someone like her again but there are tons of other fish in the sea. You ahve to realize what's going on and accept it!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli001
    I am a 22 year old male, who just recently transferred to Central Michigan University.
    Your age is relevant...where you attend school is not.

I never made a move to advance the relationship and I am currently kicking myself in the ass for that.
    Stop building castles in your head. You never even had sex with this girl. Not one time.

Honestly, I think she is in love with Chris, her boyfriend, and myself at the same time.
    I don't think so. I think that she is in love with Chris. She may love you as a friend......but she isn't in love with you.

How do I stop making myself hurt?
    By not thinking like this........
    I have not dated since the day I met her 3 years ago. I have finally decided that since I am at a large university, I should start dating. The problem is that I can't find someone as perfect as her. There must be women that are as attractive and smart and personable and amazing as her somewhere!! I am just not allowing myself to find them for some reason.
    Get over her.

indigosoul Guest
    [url]http://www.loveforum.net/t7939-flowers-from-a-friend---help.html[/url]

^Just to give you an idea of where you can be in 10 years or so...

Note, I am NOT making fun of you. It IS possible to know at your age that she's "the one". Not that I have any idea if she is or not...

Anyway, you want advice? OK. She's not married...YET. If she is really the one you want, and you think she wants you (sometimes one person knows a little earlier than the other), then you have to go for it. As hard as you can. Don't let the fact that she has a boyfriend be a deterrent. Again, they're NOT married nor have children YET. All's fair, as they say at this point. Be aggressive, be honest w/her, get an honest answer from her. Several times. Don't give up unless you know for sure its hopeless. Just don't stalk her and creep her out.

If it is hopeless, then you MUST move on. Its that simple. Break all contact w/her if you must. Live your life. But make sure you don't have ANY doubts or regrets before you do. Good luck!

indigosoul Guest
    CLIFF NOTES:

He loves a girl. Girl loves him. Thinks they're perfect for each other. Girl is with another boyfriend. Maybe getting married, but isn't yet. He wants to know what to do. Go for it, or give up.

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by carpflounder
    Your age is relevant...where you attend school is not.

Stop building castles in your head. You never even had sex with this girl. Not one time.
    The sex thing is irrelevant. Trust me. But the castles thing isn't. Be sure you know what you want. Noone is perfect, and you are idolizing this girl. Shes human, just like you.

Quote Originally Posted by indigosoul
    Don't let the fact that she has a boyfriend be a deterrent. Again, they're NOT married nor have children YET. All's fair, as they say at this point. Be aggressive, be honest w/her, get an honest answer from her. Several times. Don't give up unless you know for sure its hopeless.
    Follow this advice and your fixing to get your teeth knocked out.
    I bet her boyfriend of three years won't take offense to you hitting on her just because there not married and dont have kids.

Why would you want to be with someone who is already cheating on her boyfriend? She'll do it to you.
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

post deleted
    Last edited by makaveli001; 10-02-07 at 12:40 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast