+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long distance relationship... how do I make it work?

Long distance relationship... how do I make it work?

My girlfriend and I have been in a long distance relationship for a good 7 months now.

It’s been going well but the ups and downs are also present.

There are moments when it’s unbearable, since we sometimes miss each other and the physical needs are always a problem.

I can definitely say that our relationship is worth fighting for... but on times when we fight,

it’s hard to make up with each other due to the distance.

I really need some moral support or advice on how we can make things work between us.

I met Gina through a singles tour held in Cebu, Philippines by A Foreign Affair.

It was love at first sight. Things went well between us and the chemistry is great.

I’ve decided to stay for a couple of months to get to know her better (her family and friends included.)

It was a huge jump from the ordinary but I’m glad I did it.

The fact that I need to come back to the U.S. because of my business that we are stuck with long distance at the moment.

We haven’t talked about marriage since I think it’s still too soon to consider it…

so, long distance will be our biggest obstacle for the meantime.

I’d really appreciate it if you guys can give me advice or suggestion on how I can keep our relationship stay,

if not smoothly, well. I’d also like to ask for advice on how to keep the spark between us to stay alive in this distance.

Please, give me advice.

Hey singleman45, I understand those long distance romances can be rough. I also understand your time with Gina is limited, due to business constraints. One thing you both can do, if y'all are not doing this already, is use the free video system offered by FB or Skype.

Plan virtual dates. The two of you can’t meet up on Fridays or Saturdays to see a movie or go to the park, but you can still have date night. Be sure to download a video call application such as Skype or Google Hangouts. These applications allow you to see your date in real-time, so you can pretty much do whatever you’d do on a regular date via a video call.

One suggestion might include ordering takeout meals or cooking a meal and then eating at the same time by candlelight. Do whatever you two would normally do on a date night over the call.

Picture this singleman 45, in the evening right before the night ends, both of you are on your laptop computers. You both are relaxing in bed, maybe with a little wine, soft music playing in the background. Now you're visually communicating with each other well into the night. It's even cute & romantic when you fall asleep together online. Make sure that you always say good night and good morning, even if it's just a text with a sunny face.

Send dirty texts. Singleman45, distance can make the heart grow fonder, especially when you spice things up every now and then. A great way to keep your LDR smoking hot is to tend to your intimacy needs. You can send flirty pictures of yourself blowing kisses in sexy poses or send a teasing message telling Gina how you’ve been thinking about her all day. Do what feels comfortable to you and Gina.

But whatever you do, Don't play the power games to try and see who cares less/more, or who hurts less/more. This move is immature and no good for no one. My biggest tip is TRUST and PATIENCE. Be open, honest, and “real” in your communication.

Ron "The Love Doctor" Kennedy
    Need One-On-One Help? PM me.