+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Please, I need some help understanding what I’m supposed to be doing, and who with.

Please, I need some help understanding what I’m supposed to be doing, and who with.

Alright! My first post to this forum! I really hope someone can help me out a bit!
    First for a bit of context:
    I am a guy turning 18 this year, and live in a small town in inland Australia I’ve had 2 relationships in the past... ever. Both of these relationships have ended with me being cheated on with my best friend (I keep great company).

Anyways the other night I went camping with a group of friends, people I’ve known since I was a wee babby, it was meant to be a send-off for a friend of mine who left to live in New Zealand the next day. It was getting late and we’d had a big day, swimming in dams, scaling the wall of the dam to get a nice view and take some photos, all normal stuff. Anyways, everyone else went to sleep and it was just me and this girl (I’ll call her T) who was leaving for NZ, we planned to stay up all night, and we laid on the back of a Ute with a swag and watched the stars and looked into each other’s eyes and stuff we cuddled and stuff and I just kinda soaked in the moment, everything felt perfect, she played her awesome music and we laid and cuddled and talked and laughed. Anyways at about 5am she went to sleep in my arms, but just before we made plans to watch the sunrise from the dam wall at 6am. Anyways I woke her up at 6 (or her alarm did) we walked to the wall and climbed up it, she didn’t say a word. In fact she didn’t say anything until she left, when she said “Bye Sammy”. It sucked so much that she left. But I’m not sure what the thing that happened between us meant, if anything, and furthermore, I’m just wishing for it to happen again, not necessarily with t, just feeling like I felt in that moment. Living in the place that I do, I doubt very much that that is going to happen, until I leave for Germany later this year/early next year. So I guess my question is, is there anyone with a similar experience who wants to talk, anyone that could maybe tell me what that meant, and anyone who could tell me how to find someone I can feel that way with again? Any tips or tricks. Thanks for the help everyone, it really does help.

I think there was definitely a connection between you two for a short time and it sucks that she has to go away. No one can tell you how to find someone. All you can do is put yourself in situations where you can meet the types of person you want to be with.