+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dumped my abusive boyfriend

dumped my abusive boyfriend

Hey everyone,

I will keep this short but sweet. My x used to be very controlling of me and my time. he wanted every phone number of all my friends so that he could check up on me...which sucked. Anyway, when he started calling me names and physically abusing me along with rape I had it. The last conversation we had he told me my dad was stupid for keeping me. That was the last straw along with everything else. I cant believe how long I put up with it. Dumb but that I am. I am going to change my number and I will probably have to get an order of protection soon. I feel sad that I spent six months of my life being abused but feel better that I am not going to have to worry anymore.

Thanks for listening.

Roxy

Good on you. Did you leave him or did he leave you?
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

Stay strong, Roxy

*hugs*

You did the right thing. Breakups are hard regardless of the circumstances, so be kind to yourself for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by mini696
    Good on you. Did you leave him or did he leave you?
    I left him after he insulted my father. My father would have bent over backwards for him and he just did not care only when it came to financing a business for him.

LOSER

Quote Originally Posted by independent
    Stay strong, Roxy

*hugs*

You did the right thing. Breakups are hard regardless of the circumstances, so be kind to yourself for awhile.

Thanks for your support. I really need it to stay strong.

Stick around here - this is a great group

I just went through an emotional breakup myself. The abuse wasnt as bad, so I stayed two full years. Anyway, keep us posted - you'll find this is a great place to work things out and get the support to help you through it all.

Quote Originally Posted by roxamillion
    Hey everyone,

I will keep this short but sweet. My x used to be very controlling of me and my time. he wanted every phone number of all my friends so that he could check up on me...which sucked. Anyway, when he started calling me names and physically abusing me along with rape I had it. The last conversation we had he told me my dad was stupid for keeping me. That was the last straw along with everything else. I cant believe how long I put up with it. Dumb but that I am. I am going to change my number and I will probably have to get an order of protection soon. I feel sad that I spent six months of my life being abused but feel better that I am not going to have to worry anymore.

Thanks for listening.

Roxy
    Hm. Ever spent any time on the Lifetime TV board, Rox?
    Speak less. Say more.

Interlude:

Two guys golfing. Two women are ahead of them on the green, taking forever to tee off.

First Guy: "I'm gonna ask them if they'd mind if we played through." And he walks away toward the women. About halfway to them, he does an abrupt about-face and comes back.

Second Guy: "What?"

First Guy: "You're not gonna believe this. One of those women is my wife. The other's my mistress."

Second Guy: (Laughing) "Alright, I'll ask them." And off he goes. About halfway to them HE does an about-face and comes back.

First Guy: "What?"

Second Guy: "Small world."

ta-da boom.
    Speak less. Say more.

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    Hm. Ever spent any time on the Lifetime TV board, Rox?

No, is it cool? I have to sign off now but I will check in tomorrow am, but I would appreciate your input.

Left me with a laugh. Thanks!!!!

No, is it cool? I have to sign off now but I will check in tomorrow am, but I would appreciate your input.
    Nope. Same subject matter. More anal crowd.
    Speak less. Say more.

Left me with a laugh. Thanks!!!!
    Glad SOMEBODY gets my jokes. Wouldn't do to leave you blue, in any case. "Always leave 'em laughin'," my mom always told me. Took me awhile to figure out what she meant was to laugh as I left.
    Speak less. Say more.

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    Nope. Same subject matter. More anal crowd.
    HeyWould-that's funny; were you trying to stear her to another Message Board that you knew wasn't "cool"?

Nope. Could've swore I'd seen that same screen name with the same announcement on the other board. That's all. But manuevering someone to go through the trouble of signing up to an awful board is a pretty good mean trick. Almost as good as stretching SaranWrap over the toilet bowl.
    Speak less. Say more.

I feel sad that I spent six months of my life being abused but feel better that I am not going to have to worry anymore.

Hurray!! Good for you Roxy! Better it be 6 months than 6 years !!! Instead of putting yourself down, tell yourself you have learned from this bad experience and will never put up with abuse ever again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast