+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She wanted to leave her emotionally abusive boyfriend for me, but went back to him.

She wanted to leave her emotionally abusive boyfriend for me, but went back to him.

Started working with a new girl. We had a lot in common and she started to Pursue me. After adding me on Facebook I saw she had a boyfriend. At work she talked to me and kept talking about her roommate who treated her horribly. I said, your boyfriend, she said, my babies daddy. I'm trying to save to leave him. She told me they met at a bar, got drunk, and she got pregnant. She has been trapped since. She told me he yells at her all the time, punches holes in walls. And the only good thing about him is that he provides for their 2 year old. We became friends. She kissed me. I started developing feelings. We started talking all the time, and she kept telling me horrible stories about him. He makes her life miserable but she has nowhere else to go. Against my better judgement, we started seeing each other.

She told him she wasn't happy and he laughed at her telling her to leave then, knowing she can't. He's emotionally abusive to her. Yells when he doesn't get his way. Yells at their 2 year old for small things, like spilling cereal. They have nothing in common. She said the only reason They were together was for the kid. Which I understood, but he acts like because he took care of his responsibility for not wearing a condom, he can treat her like shit. And for the first time she told me she was happy again, but was feeling guilty.

After some time she told me he was depressed. Because she was going to leave him. And ended things with me. I told her the only reason he needs her is because he was going to loose her and he deserved to, whether she was with me or not. She's a total sweatheart and doesn't deserve this. One day leaving work she told me she was scared to get home late, because he had to work and would litterally kill her. I really care about her and I'm worried.

When she ended things I told her she was smarter than this, that his actions were not good for her or their kid. But she said she has to keep faith things will get better, because they are a family, that I'm an amazing person, who is truly caring.

I know what's going on. Having been in an abusive relationship myself. When he couldn't control her anymore, he played to her sympathies. And it worked. I'm just worried about her. I see her everyday. And she is always depressed, until her and I talk, then she brightens up. I'm still doing things to make her smile. I'm just worried and don't know what to do. I'm trying to keep my distance. Keep it at a friend level. But she always looks so depressed now.

Doesn't she deserve happiness too. After hearing about the stories of abuse, how is this good for her or her child? And I know me getting involved was wrong. The only reason I did, was because she was so sediment she wanted to leave him. I know that still doesn't make it right.

I guess I just don't understand, if she is so miserable, and knows he is not who she wants to be with and is tired of being treated so poorly, how can she turn around and say despite his flaws he's always been good to me, and needs me, when he doesn't care about her?
    Last edited by evildeadguy316; 27-01-18 at 11:47 AM.

Some people have a hard time leaving a relationships. There isn't much you can do. Do you want to be with her?