+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I tell my ex I’m seeing someone else when she doesn't love me but still cares?

Should I tell my ex I’m seeing someone else when she doesn't love me but still cares?

My ex and I broke up a month ago. She didn’t have infatuation for me anymore but still thinks a lot about me. We’re on good terms though. She has a lot of stress in terms of health and emotional stress. That’s why she said she needs time to heal and doesn’t want a relationship right now. She still wants to see me and have a good time (including sex), just without the label of a relationship.

Now I’ve met someone, we went on a date and we kissed. I can imagine a sexual relationship but not more. I know she will never be the love of my life.

I still think about my ex but I also don’t want to be the guy on the waiting bench until my ex decides to want me back. Since we’re on good terms and I feel like we could talk about everything, I’m still not sure if I should tell my ex about my encounter. Deep inside I still feel for her and don’t want to ruin a chance of getting back together.

She doesn't want a relationship so she has the deal with the consequences of that. Plus, she will find out eventually so its better if it comes out of your own mouth. It will make you seem more honest that way. Plus, you will appear to have a backbone.

She might get upset so prepare for that reaction. But she was the one who said she doesn't want a relationship.

keep it a secret, you have no responsibility to tell her. throwing it in her face will certainly end any hope of reconnecting with her. she will be pushed to find a new relationship to get even with your abuse of making such an announcement to piss her off

Quote Originally Posted by bunnyhabit View Post
    keep it a secret, you have no responsibility to tell her. throwing it in her face will certainly end any hope of reconnecting with her. she will be pushed to find a new relationship to get even with your abuse of making such an announcement to piss her off
    That's exactly what I'm thinking and afraid of. Although we have a basis of honesty, I think I'll skip this one. As long as I haven't had sex with the new girl, there's nothing to tell...yet.