Me and my long-term boyfriend have always had a very happy relationship, we have been like best friends completely inseperable. I always felt smug about how we were to have someone who loved me so dearly and to feel the same way back. Recently however i went through a tough time, lots going on in my life and felt quite isolated at the same time. I took that out on him in the sense i relied very heavily on him, he’s always been a free spirit hes the opposite of me in the sense has loads of friends always out and busy and like a puppy dog really full of energy and i think me being so sad and feeling quite low had an impact on him, i was being nasty to him when he was out because i felt jealous and felt insecure. So 2 weeks ago he messaged me and said things didnt feel the same for him anymore and his feelings arent the same, we’ve spoken a few times since and i’ve had a really tough time keeping my distance from him, everytime we’ve spoken he’s been completely firm in his feelings despite me being honest and saying my wrong doings, so i was beginning to accept that things just weren’t meant to be anymore and i possibly changed beyond repair in his eyes anyway. On friday however, he came over again to speak and i really felt like it was the first honest conversation we’ve had since the breakup. Everything felt natural and it felt positive he was being kind and saying things he hasnt before he was telling me not to delete him from my life and to keep my photos up of us, i said looking at photos feels like different people now and he was really hurt by it, being affectionate and kind. He told me we hadnt had a chance to miss one another and that it wasnt that he didnt want me, he didnt want anyone else either he just needed time. I took from this that maybe a bit of space was all he needed, so i didnt contact him however he contacted me making sure i was okay, then again on saturday evening he was asking where i was going out etc. When he was out on saturday though there were photos of him and a girl on his lap, i asked his best friend is that something i should worry about? Silly of me i know but i was drunk and sad. On sunday morning my boyfriend told me never to speak to him again & he’s deleted my number etc. I feel so confused by the entire thing i feel as if he’s projecting his own feelings of guilt for his actions onto me in a negative way, saying i’m a weirdo and to leave him alone, when i genuinely never contacted him? I’m just so confused by the entire situation i feel like it’s been 1 step forward 2 back i feel like this is all games and it’s all some sort of internal struggle he is going through torn between wanting to go out and be wild all weekend and be like a lad but also then wanting me to be sad and waiting for him to return too when the parties over. I don’t know if i’m wasting my time or just weathering out a storm, but we’ve been together for a long time & we were both always so clear on our futures being together, for this all to change so suddenly and in such hot and cold methods i’m just a loss