+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Entrapped by gf

She had played before and suggested the app.

I'm torn as to what to do. She's being very cold and doesn't want to talk. She makes me feel like a horrible person, and I'm not.
    But I love her, and not being with her hurts.

Well if she does not want to talk at all in person even if you arebpersistant then you cannot do anything besides getting your message through to her and then walk away

Again, this is just me personally, but I couldn't look past something like this. Especially as she continues to punish you when you really didn't do anything wrong. She did. Again, sure you giving a woman you thought to be a relative stranger your number was not the best idea, but it is NOT proof of cheating. Especially not when she had to entrap you into it. I can't help but wonder how hard she actually had to try, posing as this random stranger, to get you to the point of giving her your phone number. Sort of a moot point, I guess, but I can't help but be curious if it took a lot of effort from her and initially you mostly just ignored the "flirting." Heck, I think the fact that you didn't flirt back should have been enough evidence that you deserved trust.

Right now, if you feel that being without her hurts too much, then maybe that is your answer. Again, it wouldn't be MY personal answer, but you are not me and I am not you. So, if you wish to try to get past this, just do your best to convince her to talk to you about it. Just keep in mind, be wary of it becoming a situation where BEING WITH HER hurts just as much as (or even more than) being without her. Because if a relationship only brings you misery and grief, it isn't one worth continuing. Hopefully that isn't the case with this one. Hopefully this is just one issue in an otherwise great relationship.

For now, you say she won't talk. That's fine if she wants to be immature and childish. Give her time to refresh and maybe she will be open to talking soon. If/when she does, you can certainly be apologetic for anything you did to contribute to her thinking she couldn't trust you (again, as many of us said, actually giving somebody you thought to be a random woman your number probably wasn't a great idea), but DO NOT let her make it like this was all your fault. That isn't to say you should point the finger of blame at her. This isn't about blame, this is simply about the fact that she needs to give you the trust and respect you have earned. That it was NOT okay for her to go behind your back like that rather than talking to you. If she cannot accept and admit to some of the blame in this, then again I would personally feel she is not somebody deserving of you. But, again, that is your decision.

Given a little time to refresh, she will hopefully be willing to talk. If she continues to refuse, then I guess she leaves you no other option than what Hooo suggested. If she won't even give you the chance to talk, then all you can do is say your peace and leave. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, though. Whether you two stay together or not, hopefully she will at least grow up enough to talk to you about it.

I wish you the best of luck either way.

she was JUST some girlfriend. B/F or G/F come and go, it is meaningless.
    The best move now is to get back on whatever dating site you use and find a replacement relationship. You already know this one is on it's last leg. It is kind of like looking for a new job when you pretty much know you are going to get fired from the old.

As for her behavior, just remember what Confusious say -
    Woman who put her man in the dog house may soon find him in the cat house.

The good news though is when you DO make your way to the "cat house" and have a date with some new G/F, you will pretty much forget about the old G/F on the spot.

And you can tell the old G/F, when she comes crawling back, that she done got spot-dumped. That means you dumped her on the spot.

It is kind of like when you get a new car - you almost immediately forget about the old one.
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

You have common ground in this - both seemingly wrong the other with this situation. You flirting and giving a number to strange female online and her for making a fake account and catfishing her own BF.

Two wrongs don't make a right but in this case, it makes no one right.

So common sense says have an honest conversation on what each need form the other and if enough -mend relationship but if not enough - move on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12