+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think getting marriage under 18 is good

Do you think getting marriage under 18 is good

I don't really know about cultures around the world, but in my country our culture are not allow and it doesn't look good at all.

Even cultures say but the thing is that it still happen in my country.

Do you have idea about this things?

For me I think it is worst because I think they are not well-prepared to get married.

Hi Ner Me and welcome to Love Forum - Online Relationship Discussion! Hope you enjoy your stay here.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Actually I think its not good. A healthy relationship requires an age. 18 is not really a good age for that kind of relationship. However I may not be the right person to talk about it. Yesterday I saw couple of experts hosting AMAs about love and relationship and much more. So they are the ones who can direct you to the right direction.
    https://loveama.com you can check them out here if you want.
    Good luck

No, it is a bad idea for almost everyone of that age. Far too young.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

I agree that it is too early, they are still kids at 18 and they know no life.
    But at the same time, I know lots of examples of happy marriages where both were 18 when they got married and they live happily for more than 20 years

I think 18 is too young to get married. You still haven't full developed and there will stil be many changes to your personality. You will definitely see more of the world and have more experiences.

I used to want to be a young mom so I always wanted to marry early, not as early as 18 but 20 was good. The relationship failed and glad I didn't now, wait for the one best for you even if waiting till late 20's.

No, that's a terrible idea. Studies show that the younger a couple is when they get married, the more likely they will be to get divorced. This is partially from lack of maturity, the brain doesn't mature on average until age 25, and the Millennials, as a group, are far behind that average. Plus this is due to lack of experience with relationships. And they don't know how relationships work in the first place. There is a science behind relationships. From studies of successful and unsuccessful couples we know what works and what doesn't.

This link will give a lot of detailed tips. https://pastebin.com/GQ3a3F8v
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Well, whether you like it or not, there are parts of the world where people are allowed to get married as young as 12 - 14. Also, it used to be normal to get hitched before the age of 18 in the Western World until the 1960's. Marriages can fail regardless of age, and being an 'adult' doesn't automatically make you responsible. Everyone's different.

Hi there, my parents got married at 18. infact it was 2 weeks after my Mums 18th Birthday.. 24 years later my parents are still together, totally inlove with one another, act like kids, go on romantic holidays together and have date nights so sometimes it works. Personally, I wouldn't get married at 18. I'm 22 and I still think I'm too young, but then again I'm single so haven't met the person I wanna marry yet so that's probably a factor as to why I wouldn't get married right now hope this helps! Xx

Thats a trick question. For me it worked. plane crash ended it. I also know a couple that married at 16, in 1974, still selling propane together.

Anyone I know that married that young are now divorced.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie09 View Post
    Anyone I know that married that young are now divorced.
    Same.
    It just doesn't work typically.

Mainly with this era.
    People these days just don't go through the same things and life experiences, most people are much more codependent with college, student debt, etc. Emotionally less mature.

I always think of WW2 vets and the things they were doing at 18 compared to my life.
    Bad ass men.

it is a bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by GLYC View Post
    Same.
    It just doesn't work typically.

Mainly with this era.
    People these days just don't go through the same things and life experiences, most people are much more codependent with college, student debt, etc. Emotionally less mature.

I always think of WW2 vets and the things they were doing at 18 compared to my life.
    Bad ass men.
    It boils down to women have more rights, and opportunity to be financially independent, oh and birth control. Women don't have that dependency on a man to take care of them anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast