+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is there hope for me getting my ex girlfriend back?

Is there hope for me getting my ex girlfriend back?

My girlfriend of 6 months broke up with me about a week ago. We had a great relationship and almost never fought or argued and we both cared about each other very much. The reason for breaking up she said was she did not know what her feelings were anymore and wasn't sure if she wanted to breakup or stay together. Before we broke up she said stuff like "Couples breakup and get back together all the time", i told her i respect her decision and we have no hard feelings. Ive realized my mistakes I made AFTER she broke up with me and I sent her a heartfelt apology about what i did wrong. It was nothing bad but there were definitely things I could have done better. She said i did not have to apologize and said it wasn't my fault, it was how she is feeling. She said she pushes people away that are close to her but doesn't want to and usually regrets it. I told her if the time comes my door will be open to her and I said I will remain hopeful but I cant let it stop me from living my life. She responded me saying "Im trying to get through it maybe I just need time" and also "We can both be hopeful just confused I guess and need time and space because if it was meant to be it was meant to be and if not we will move on". She texted me while she was drunk a few days ago and said "I still care about you I hope you know it hurts me just as much". She suffers with depression and still believe that she is just confused and will come around. Like I said im not gonna let the "hope" ruin or stop me from living my life. Shes started a few text conversations with me and Ive kept them short. I started probably 4 or 5 conversations and decided its probably best if I let her reach out to me first from now on.
    Im just trying to see if this is false hope or not. I truly believe she is the type of girl to be completely honest with me and that is why I still have hope. I just believe if we tried one more time we could be even happier

Hey you are in a better position as me. We broke up a month ago because she said she wasn't in love with me anymore and has a lot of emotional stress and stress with her health. After the breakup we talked about everything that disturbed us about the other and discovered that everything would have been different if we had talked like this from the beginning. The situation reminds me a bit of yours. Seperating because of unsure feelings and depression.

In our case, we have less and less contact and I think she moved on. I am almost there. It's been hard but it was necessary for us both to heal. It's important to note that a relationship cannot function when both cups are half full and you expect to complete each other. So it might take time for both cups to be full again. We'll meet in 2 weeks and I'll see how it goes. So expect to suffer for a while and cry as much as you need to. Try to make your cup full again (or wait for hers) and then meet up with her. The wait is the hardest part but it might be worth it. In your case she still seems to have strong feelings for you. That's a good position to be in. Still it would suck to have hope that goes nowhere. I feel the same way brother, thinking about whether it will work again or if I have to let go from a relationship which ended on good terms and there was never real fighting.
    Last edited by AndyOnLove; 08-02-18 at 12:18 AM.

[QUOTE=AndyOnLove;1049717]Hey you are in a better position as me. We broke up a month ago because she said she wasn't in love with me anymore and has a lot of emotional stress and stress with her health. After the breakup we talked about everything that disturbed us about the other and discovered that everything would have been different if we had talked like this from the beginning. The situation reminds me a bit of yours. Seperating because of unsure feelings and depression.

Hey thanks for the reply. That made me feel a little better. I'm still really sad about this but it's slowly getting better. But kinda like you because we have slowly been contacting less and less. She's probably just trying to heal also. I think I'm gonna give it a few more weeks and try to meet up with her. We haven't really talked about the breakup or our feelings besides what I mentioned in the post. Idk if she's not texting me much because she's moving on or trying to heal or what.

It sounds to me like you are on your way to your own healing already which is good. I think your plan on waiting sounds good. Keep the contact down as you don't want to come across as needy or pushy....which are
    both affection killers.

Looks like you are in a better place than me. .I also broke up with my ex of 2 years. Well, he broke up with me and it's been very difficult because we work together.... We still message each other and part of me hopes we will get back together again.