+ Follow This Topic

Thread: When does it become too many lies to be financially faithful?

When does it become too many lies to be financially faithful?

BF of a few years continues to lie to me about his finances. While he has become more transparent (b/c he knows I can find out without him), he still lies about certain financial matters. In the last episode, I caught him using his mom's credit card - it has his name on the card but the account is under her name and she pays the bills; he promised not to do it again but he thought it was ok since she owed him money from years ago (really?) - she doesn't have that much money saved and lives in assisted living. Now I learned she got a check back from the utility company for the deposit on her condo he just sold and he deposited into HIS account - when I asked about that, he said he buys her things all the time (toiletries, etc.) - why not use her credit card then?

We really love each other but do I really believe that he is changing for the better but will he be financially faithful? He wants to marry me and said no; so now he said he'd at least want to live with me by this summer.

He said he used her card a few times when he was unemployed for gas and some groceries and will never use it again. He hasn't paid off her bill but says he will do so this month (with her funds). Finally, he told me we belong together and I have shown "him the way" and he has improved and will continue to do so and not make stupid financial decisions, be truthful, etc. Do you think he can change? He's already 65 y/o. Should I move forward or call it quits?

Tags: None

[QUOTE=bewildered123;1049813]" few years continues to lie" "still lies"
    I am so sorry you are going through this. I know your heart has to be heavy. My question to you is this. If he will lie ans steal from his own mother, don't you think he would do the same to you? If you continue to allow him to make excuses he will continue to make excuses. I think you already know what you need to do. You can do all things with help from someone who never lies. Our heavenly Father cannot lie. I have to ask him daily to give me the strength to do things that I know I could never do on my own.