+ Follow This Topic

Thread: True love is constant/physical attraction fades over time.

True love is constant/physical attraction fades over time.

If you've ever been in a long-term relationship (or just listened to a friend in a long-term relationship hash out their love woes over brunch), you know how the story goes: when you first meet someone that you really like, it's as if life as you know it completely changes. However, that's not true. If that attraction is based on sex drive only, then, of course, it would disappear pretty soon - like about one-night stands.Love is rarely static, but that doesn’t mean love or physical attraction is doomed to fade over time. As we age, both men and women have fewer sexual hormones, but emotion often influences passion more than hormones, and sexual passion can become stronger over time.

Loving and being loved back is the purest thing one can feel in a lifetime, but a little help from relationships and intimacy coach will give you the motivation to get back in the game. Take a look at this site you may find interesting, https://amafeed.com/ There are channels about Love & Dating, great blogs etc that might be useful to you.

that is why many people play the field and never get into a mono committed relationship. follow variety is spice of life, forever. end up with many friends with benefits

The real truth is that people choose to stop "dating" their spouse after they get married. They stop loving laughing and flirting. This is what cools the fire.
    Never stop dating your spouse. We are doing as good now as when we met. Don't get lazy in your relationship. No coaches or blogs required.

Sometimes when couple get older and older, their sexual attraction or physical attraction may fade bt as the former says if they can keep dating or do something as their new meet or not yet married, the mental attraction between others will not fade indeed .

True love is not trying to make the one you love into some other version of themselves ~ Accepting flaws and imperfections. That takes you far over time. Being friends help too and liking their company.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

I am a victim of said relationship, in the world of old guys I am attractive to ladies.(Old ones),,,,,,
    she was so hot for me,,,after 6 months totally faded, she has been hanging on as she made all these love promises.
    Right now she is dealing with a grandson with cancer. After that I plan to let her know, I am sure she will be relieved.