+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lying

Lying

well my boyfriend said that he can't promise me that he won't lie to me, and his reason is: that if he feels that when he lies to me about certain things, he's trying to keep me safe or not worry me. Such as he said, if something's bothering him and i would ask him what's on his mind, he would say "nothing" because he says that he doesn't want me to worry about stuff.
    Well I'm not quite sure if what he's doing is a good thing or not.:confused:

honey love,
    my fiance never told me that he ccouldnt garuntee that he wouldnt lie to me but, he has said nothing when i ask him whats wrong when i know somthings bothering him, anyways the point i am trying to get to is maybe he just can't open up maybe thats just not his personality, cause it took my fiace four years to start telling me whats botheringhim after i ask 400 times over and over, so just give it a little time try to break his inner shell.

He might have problems outside your relationship that are bothering him (work etc..), and he is trying not to take his emotions out on you, which is a good thing! I dont know how your relationship is going, but im sure if he feels something his wrong with the relationship, he would let you know!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hrmm...when did the color change?? well lying? i wouldn't really consider this lying.. but in a way it still is. however, as everyone else already have stated, he is only trying to protect you. it might not be in your best interest but believe it or not, he is looking out for you. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

[color=deeppink:7b380472ba]but isnt a relationship about trust and working things out? nah i dunno... it could go both ways for this topic...[/color:7b380472ba]
    ~*~*~AnGeL StEpHy~*~*~

Why you think it is a good thing? U know i have the same problem with my bf... he is a very "close" person and never tells me his problems, even if he says he has them... that`s bad coz i can`t help him and i don`t feel like being a part of his life...
    I think the best thing you can do is to make him understand that u`r not a stranger ... though it`ll take much time...
    I LOVE to LIVE

Perhaps one day your guy will tell you
    "All that i've said is truth, except one. And that one statement is when i told you i would never lie"
    =)

aw... come on, he's bound to lie sometimes, whether to protect you or himself. its a human instinct!
    Men have 2 heads
    Ladies have 2 lips

If its a white lie, don't worry about it. Just be sure to call the cops if he's gone for more than 12 hours. Ask for homocide.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control