+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why does my ex girlfriend text me more when she's drunk and less when she's sober?

Why does my ex girlfriend text me more when she's drunk and less when she's sober?

My girlfriend broke up with me about 2 months ago. I still want her back. She said she needed time and space and said she didn't know if we should breakup or stay together but she still really cares about me. I recently apologized for my contributions to the breakup saying I messed up and she said "we both made mistakes" We have remained in contact. The thing is when we text when she's sober it is usually me initiating contact (which I shouldn't but sometimes I slip) and usually short conversations and doesn't seem that interested but she seems to initiate contact only if I don't after 4 days. But when she's drunk she texts me usually around 3 AM saying "hi" or "sorry we didn't workout" or "I still care about you I hope you know its just as hard for me" and usually I'm sleeping and text her in the morning and its back to short conversations and like nothing ever happened. Lately I've been getting 1-2 drunk texts per week and 1-2 sober "conversations" a week.

Anyways I'm just looking for advice as to why she does this? Is there any chance she regrets breaking up with me? Does she just feel lonely when she's drinking? Does she still have feelings for me?

I asked her to meet up for coffee to catch up soon and she said that would be nice. I will see where it takes me...

i am more uninhibited and passionate when high or drunk than when sober. this makes me more honest and open especially because shy and depressed when sober. you're girl maybe is same like me. you should take advantage of chatting with her when she is drunk to find out her true feelings.

perhaps invite her out for a few drinks to rekindle relationship while she is drunk?

Well the problem is she's 21 and I'm 19 :/ we did all of our drinking together at her house so I can't really ask to get drinks. Im just torn right now, I want her back like crazy, but she doesn't seem to put ANY effort in whatsoever when she's sober...

then wait till she is drunk texting you and ask her if you can cum to her house now to discuss mutually future plans rather than inpersonal texting as you really miss being with her and wanting to apologize in person.

if she is like me she will agree and i bet you will able to patch things up while she is drunk and easy to please

I'm usually the one that smashes the hammer straight to the nail with people on here. In your case I feel like there might
    actually be a chance. Face to face is always better than texting. Here is a good piece of advice I almost always give:
    NEVER SEND SOME HUGE BLOWN OUT TEXT WHERE YOU SPILL ALL YOU LOVE GUTS ON THE FLOOR !!!!! I am not
    saying you did that...just make sure that you do not.

So.....wait for the drunk text....go meet her immediately. You might have a chance. Lay off the sober text for a while...don't appear too eager.

Good Luck !!!

you are getting the same advice from guy and girl which is quite unusual. so you should consider our recommendation carefully before execution of last attempt to capture your ex 's attention. she seems already tired of a relationship with you. so the best outcome is she grant you one chance to capture her again when she is drunk.

carefully plan and execute your final opportunity. GOOD LUCK