+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is there a chance for me?

Is there a chance for me?

This will be my first post in this forum, and I hope that I can get some good advice. And sorry for my English.

I met my ex 6years ago this year, we connected right away, and we used a long time getting to know each other. After about 1year we got together, and we were so much in love and nothing could tare us apart. We where young at that time, but the love that we had for each other was so strong. We spent so much time together, but we also had our separate life, and separate friends, so we never got sick of each other.
    At that time we didn’t have that much money, so we did spend a lot of time in our homes, going for hikes, and a lot of stuff that didn’t cost that much money. But we loved it, we tried to compare us to other couples, and we would wonder why they didn’t laugh, and enjoy each other as much as we did.

We had so much in common, and I can’t remember one thing this that we didn’t agree on in some way, we had discussion, but I felt so right, because we always where on the same page.

So, to the problem, as I wrote earlier in this post we where young at that time. And we moved together to go to school, this would be the change of everything.
    We weren’t ready for that, she got insecure and thought that I where talking to other girls, and she didn’t like that other girls contacted me.
    I never gave her a reason for being insecure in me. Nor did I ever speak to other girls.
    We lived together for one year before she broke up with me, the communication around our problem was non-existing. We where trying to talk about it, but we couldn’t get to the roots of the problem. So, she sadly broke up with me, this is now 2 years ago.

But in these two years we have been together a lot, trying to get back together, but she got to insecure and have ended it now for the 4th time in 2 years. And after the last time I told her I can’t do It anymore, and she really must want it if she is going to contact me again.

So, for a couple of weeks ago we started talking again, and we talked about us and the future.
    She told me that she just wanted to stay friends, and that we don’t date, and if we get back together it will happen naturally. So, we are just going to meet as friends, and nothing more. But she also said that as long as we speak together, she wasn’t going to include herself in another guy, nor talk to other guys.

So to my question, is there any hope for me in this? I still love this girl with all of my heart. But I need to move along if this wont go.

And if there is any hope for me, how should I act? Should I just play along?

If you think it is acceptable to let her drag you along on a string while she allows herself the ability to find another partner then your gold.
    You have already let her do it to you for 2 years ...... see where it got you? Nowhere.
    As long as you allow her to think that you will always be waiting for her you will only get more of the same.
    She has security with no commitment ...... You have...well...nothing but a broken heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Married View Post
    If you think it is acceptable to let her drag you along on a string while she allows herself the ability to find another partner then your gold.
    You have already let her do it to you for 2 years ...... see where it got you? Nowhere.
    As long as you allow her to think that you will always be waiting for her you will only get more of the same.
    She has security with no commitment ...... You have...well...nothing but a broken heart.
    Then i wonder why she tels me that she want go looking for another partner, and also i do know that se dont have time for a boyfriend at this time.
    And the time she got left we share together.

Then stay on the string...
    She will be leaving as soon as a more confident and self respecting man comes along.