+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to find out if a man is gay

How to find out if a man is gay

I am interested in a fellow who is single. I am thinking about asking him out but suddenly wondered if he might be gay. I don't know him well enough, so it hasn't come up in conversation and I know nothing about his past relationships. He probably isn't, but if he is I don't want to make a fool of myself. How do I find out without asking point blank?

Just ask him out ! Simple as that. Don't live in fear of fear. You understand what you want...go for it !

Since you're a girl, just ask him "Are you into girls?" Then if he says yes, ask him out.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

We are much more knowledgeable about sexuality these days. Instead of asking if he's gay, ask if he's into YOU. People could be bisexual, homosexual, or pansexual. All of those could be into guys.

How do I find out without asking point blank?
    You can't. You have to put on your big girl pants and ask him. If you can't do something this basic, don't expect to get some good guys to stay with you for LTR.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I help you to identify the gay in surface manners bt remind that these might have error you need to concern.

First is the body gesture, he cant hide his body gesture while interacting with people. You can see whether he acts like a women or not or say something girly or react with some women style. This is the most obvious and with high accuracy way to classify he is gay or not.

Second is his favorite object . You can ask him what is his favorite object of girl like the style, hair, body size and eyes color ,etc in order to test him he likes girl or not. If he could mention a lot or just dont know which type he likes, then that means he is not gay. Bt if he doesnt answer you directly by saying he never thought of that or he had no experience about that or he just escape your question, then he certainly is gay~

To be honest, i dont have any standpoint in people's sexual orientation. These methods just help post writer to find out what she wants to know. Hope it is helpful to you~

Also, some guys like to act campy (gay) at times but they are not gay. Never assume. You must ask. Also some guys don't date a lot, that does not mean they are gay. It means they may not have enough money for dating (dating is expensive for guys since women rarely pay for dates in the US!) or they may not find girls worth dating (which was my case). Just because I didn't sleep with anything that didn't run faster than me people thought I was gay (in the 1980s). I'm not gay.

Girl just ask him out for drinks and see where it takes you.