+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confessing her parents

Confessing her parents

Hello! I am 15 and my girlfriend is 11. The thing is her mom probably knows that she likes me . She doesnt know about our relationship. Her mom is very strict about all this stuff and she had once warned her to not date until she is in college. So we decided to talk to her mom about the relationship. How should we proceed? Will her mom get angry? Please suggest. Thank you

The Mother should not have a say in what her daughter can and cannot do unless there is sufficient evidence that what she is doing may ether harm others or herself.
    That being said the age difference between you does seem a little concerning since you might be at totally different maturity levels

I'm sorry but she is 11. Contrary to what Looclooloc said, i believe her mother SHOULD have a say in what she does and where she is. She isnt an adult yet and due to that she is under someone elses care and supervision. There is a reason why 11 year olds in most countries cant work, drive and be left home alone...

If her mother is against her daughter dating at this age then she should probably listen. You should probably respect that.

Yes. If you you are ****ing, her mother should know you are using condoms.

And she has the right (but probably not the power) to forbid it.

It depends. If you think life would be easier if you showed sincerity and everything that might help
    However if I was her dad you’d probably get a good bitching for making out with an 11 yo

Four years may not seem like a lot, but as young as you two are, it really is. And, as others have said, if she is 11 then she is NOT an adult. Not even close. That is NOT old enough to be in a serious relationship. It is one thing to be friends, but with her being so young that really is not the right time (at least in my personal opinion) to be getting into anything even as serious as kissing. I don't know, maybe I'm old-fashioned. Does seem kids are doing that stuff so much younger these days. But, at 15, you are starting to become a young adult. You still have a lot of growing/maturing to do yourself, but you are entering into your young adult years. At 11, she's really still a kid.

That's not even to mention the possible legal issues. Which, again, doesn't necessarily mean you have to stop being close to her. You can even have a talk with her parents as long as you can manage to be respectful of them and make it clear you have no ill-intentions. But, I would definitely recommend respecting her parents' wishes. If they don't approve of it, you could prove to them in time that you are a good guy and worthy of being a close friend (and eventually maybe more) to their daughter. But, if you try to play macho games/tell them off/go against their wishes anyway, that will just make matters worse. Good luck to you.

Thats not okay man. Find yourself girl your age and save yourself world of trouble. If I was little girls father I wouldnt even let her chat with 15 year old.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will