+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How should i let her know i want to get to know her and start talking to her afain?

How should i let her know i want to get to know her and start talking to her afain?

there's a girl i would see around school last year. I wanted to talk to her, but i had no balls and didn't actually know how to talk to a girl i was crushing on back then.

So all that i would do is look at her in the hallways and stuff. she caught on cause she started reversing it, being the one who would stare at me and all that.

I asked her out one day. It came out of nowhere, and I was awkward about it. We had never even talked before. She told me she has a boyfriend (i found out later this was a lie) and thats how we left off.

The weird thing was, after I asked her, I would see her staring at me all the time. I guess i think maybe she panicked or was shy and just fell back to the boyfriend excuse. Tbh, i was weird about it and came on way too strong.

Fast forward to this year I moved on and liked someone else for a while, but it isn't going to work out with her. I think enough time has passed to give it another shot with this girl.

Weve talked once or twice in a group setting this year, and everything has been normal between us. Every now and then I still see her sneaking a look at me or something.

Im a good looking, popular senior guy. she's a beautiful, popular sophmore girl.

Were pretty alike. We both really enjoy art and drawing and we both run track & have the same fun personality.

I was going to just approach her one day, make some joke about how she probably thought i was crazy, tell her she's beautiful and I want to "start over" and get to know her. Hopefully get her number or Snapchat

Another option would he just to start talking to her and build a friendship once spring track starts again in March. I was also recently friendzoned by a friend of hers (even tho she liked me first) so i was thinking of asking her about this girl i want to talk to So is it worth a shot to approach her again and how should i go about it? My only problems is not knowing how to approach her. Ik that if we start talking i have a good chance.

I have really improved myself as a guy since last year (more popular, more fun, dress nicer, actually able to talk to girls now) and i want to give this another shot.

Im talking to other girls too but i want to do this because i have nothing to lose. I just dont know how to give myself the best possible shot. So is this worth it and how should i do it?

Hi. I was just thinking about you lately and thought I should definitlbgo our with you again for a coffee

> So all that i would do is look at her in the hallways and stuff. she caught on cause she started reversing it, being the one who would stare at me and all that.

IMO she's escalating. She might be interested in you too, or at least getting to know you. Escalating interest means she's doing at least what you are, or more. Getting into your personal space, like getting close to you, or touching your arm, is flirty and escalating. However beware of people who are naturally "touchy". That does not indicate interest in that case.

> I guess i think maybe she panicked or was shy and just fell back to the boyfriend excuse.

Yes, young girls to this a LOT.

Just go up to her and say "Hi, I noticed you watching me sometime. Want to go get a coffee? I'd like to get to know you." (or something specific).

Don't get stuck paying for all the dates. If she refuses to pay for a date, dump her immediately. You deserve better.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

pretend your starting over and have a fresh start. and start it right from the start this time.
    be comfy.
    be confident.
    be yoursef.
    be honest.

talk to her.. because you fancy her.
    get to know her.. because you're interested in her.
    ask her out.. because you'd love to spend time with her
    be interseted in HER (not interested in what you can get from her) - and you'll always win.

women want guys who make them feel they're into them, interseted in them.. not just interseted in dating them or getting between their legs. (although they also need to know you're interested in that also - but it can't be an emphasis or focus).