+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What to do when boyfriend dumped me

What to do when boyfriend dumped me

Hi there,

My ex boyfriend who I have been in a relationship for 2 years broke up with me just about more than a week ago. Since then, he has said he doesn't wanna give me another chance anymore and that we should go on our separate ways because no reconciliation will happen any time soon or even in the future it seems very bleak. However, we decided to remain as friends. Reasons for breaking up is my constant nagging, my lack of ambitiousness, my complaining, and my stone walling problems. But we still message each other every now and then since then.

I am very confused. Will he still give me another chance? Should I continue being friends with him? I still love this guy! He was my first serious boyfriend!!

Quote Originally Posted by tildens View Post
    Hi there,
    Will he still give me another chance?
    No. You are quite incompatible with LTR at this point. That's why he broke up with you. You are just plain toxic.

Should I continue being friends with him?
    Not if it makes things harder for you. You need to disconnect from him. Being away from him would probably help and cut all communication.

I still love this guy! He was my first serious boyfriend!!
    I doubt that. However I don't doubt your pain, we've all been there. You might need him, or be emotionally attached to him, but you don't love him. True love takes years to grow, like a slow burning ember.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Well what if I say that I am willing to improve myself and a be a better version of myself? I am really dynamic!

Unfortunately, sometimes our first loves don't work out. I understand that you still love him but it sounds like he wants to move on. It would benefit you to move on too. I know it's hard but it is also good to be alone for a while and figure out who you are without being with someone else. Then you can attract the right guy for who you are and not who they want you to be. It took me a long time to figure that out, I hope you learn sooner. You are worthy to love and be loved. Don't settle for less.