+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lack of love. Please help!!

Lack of love. Please help!!

Hi there! I have a burning question, one that has plagued me for years and really need to know what’s normal. I am a 35 year old female with four kids, married for 11 years. *I can only feel love or a connection on days 8-14 of my cycle. I am super aware that higher estrogen and testosterone are peaking at this point. Then after ovulation, I feel nothing or quite the opposite. I know many females have this issue with their libido but mine is connected to my “in love” feelings also. After ovulation, I can have a good libido on certain days but can’t feel any love or connection. So... days 14-28, I have zero attraction or want for love. My husband and I can’t have a real relationship because of this. It’s devastating. I feel like connection and libido are two different things. Why are my hormones dictating my “love” or “connection?” Does anyone else experience this?*

It's a hormone thing. You both will have to communicate and work through this. And relationships require compromise. If you can't compromise, even when you don't feel connected, you will destroy the relationship. He has needs too. If you don't meet his needs, he will likely leave and find someone else who does.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)