+ Follow This Topic

Thread: New boyfriend said he was too nervous to have sex, what to think?

New boyfriend said he was too nervous to have sex, what to think?

Me and John started dating a month ago and decided to take a step further and have sex. We ended up having a lot of foreplay but then he stopped saying he was too tired and we fell asleep. The next morning we started foreplay again and again he stopped.

He said he was too nervous about having sex with me because he really likes me. So we end up not having sex at all.

Later he said sorry to me about it and that he really wants to have sex with me next time we are together. I asked him if there is something else about it that he is not telling me, and he said that no, that there's nothing wrong physically or emotionally.

That he spent lots of days thinking about having sex with me and wanting it to be perfect, and that anxiety started to build up and he got really nervous which prevented him from becoming hard.

I've had other sexual partners in the past and this never ever happened, so I'm quite confused.

Is it possible he might be telling the truth and in that case what can I do, or is it possible that he might have some physical/emotional issues that he is not telling me about?

I just wish to know if he might be telling the truth and this happens with men. He also said that he is usually like that on the first time with someone, but then overcoming that first time, he's not nervous anymore.

Thank you for your help.

It's certainly possible that he's telling you the truth. It's obviously not you, cause if it was, you guys probably wouldn't have made it to the second time you had foreplay. I'd say give it a little time, see how it plays out. If a month or two goes by, and it still continues, than maybe you can start thinking otherwise.

Yup, give it some time for him to get comfortable with the idea. If after a few months of trying and he is still resisting the idea, he might be gay. I have been friends with gay guys and you will be surprised how many of them were lying to their female exes about them being gay. Like 100 percent of the time.

Instead of concentrating on getting aroused concentrate on getting relaxed and you can help him get hard by giving head.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will