+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Feeling depressed over break-up. Help me.

Feeling depressed over break-up. Help me.

I’m at the point of my life now where I don’t feel like living anymore. I feel like I’m a lost cause after my girlfriend decided to call it off. It’s been months since things ended between us but I’m still not over her. Not by a long shot. Each day I just feel worse. I don’t think I will be able to recover from the grief. I just feel so depressed and lost.

I still remember meeting her for the first time in that foreign dating event. She got my attention the moment we started talking. Since then, I’ve imagined a future with her. I thought that that was it. I already found the one. Turns out I was wrong. How do I move on? How do I forget someone whom I was already planning to share my life with? How??

I empathize with you.

As hard as it may sound now, you can and will recover. You will get over her.

You need to give yourself the chance to.

Here are a few things you can start doing.

1. Hang out with people more often - Call some of your guys and just hang out.
    2. Do something you are good at
    3. Try learning something you don't already know. Like a new language or something
    4. By far the greatest good you can do is to not be by yourself all the time. I cant stress the importance fo hanging out.

Good Luck mate

It's just hard. I wish there was an easier answer to that, but there isn't. But, if you can get past the pain and think about it, there are 7.2 billion people on this earth, half of whom are female. So, of the 3.6ish billion women, say 10% are still available...that leaves roughly .36 billion or 360,000,000 other women out there for you to meet. So this one relationship didn't work out. Chalk it up as an experience and move on. Because when you think about it, when you walked into that room where you met this girl, you had no idea you even would. What makes you think you won't meet someone else? Or someone after that? I understand the pain is deep, but time heals all wounds...even a broken heart. Your princess is out there waiting for you to meet her and fall in love with her. It's not going to happen if you sit around and ponder what could have been.

I wish there was a pill,,, I remember when I lost my love in 1977, these 8 guys in this little Toyota took me out of town and pumped me full of beer and pot. It helped a lot, 2018 now only 41 years between heart breaks.....