+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I love a girl who is in a relationship

Well i did exactly that
    Have complete trust in my now wife

Sometimes people are in a relationship out of habit.
    You don’t have to get them cheating.
    However getting to know someone who is seeing someone else and attracting that person is no crime

Either they really like you and use you as excuse to get rid of their relationship
    Or
    You give them a huge compliment

And even their on the other side is better off
    Either knowing that his relationship is finally over
    Or knowing his girlfriend is getting hit on and chooses him above all other men

"Getting to know someone" isn't a crime for sure. I guess you'd have to define particularly what you mean by that. But, to me personally, actively pursuing somebody romantically when you know they are in a relationship is wrong. It may not be a crime, but it is wrong. But, again, that is my opinion. May not be one with which everybody agrees. In truth, if both people are mature adults, they can both handle the situation however they see fit.

And you are certainly right. Some people are in relationships almost out of habit. Hell, it is part of what made dating so frustrating for me when I got back into that world. Because, it's like everybody is just always in a relationship. I know not everybody is at all times.... but it sometimes seems that way. Cute new gal starts at work... sure enough there's a ring on her finger, or pictures of her and her boyfriend on her desk, or whatever. Meet a cute new gal a the gym? ...Sorry, she's in a relationship too. Interesting new gal joins one of your social groups...and a few weeks later brings her boyfriend. I swear it seemed like that was my experience early on back in the dating scene.

So, true that some people are in a relationship almost just because they want to be in a relationship and not necessarily because they particularly like who they are with.... But I still think that isn't for somebody on the outside to judge. To me, finding out somebody is in a relationship should be equivalent to considering them unavailable. If their relationship is doomed to fail, let it fail of its own accord. Then maybe revisit it.

But, again, that is just my opinion. If it worked out for you who am I to say I'm definitely right. It may just be what is right for me vs. what is right for others.

Marvin she know you like her A LOT, girls just know. Here you are been in her orbit for 2 years and nothing has changed. She enjoyed the friendship while you went to school together, but I have a feeling the reason you are in a panic is that she is drifting away and sort of moving on. If there was a chance for a serious relationship with her, she would have dumped her BF and started chasing you a long time ago. Professing your love will make you look like a Re&^%$ and creep her out. Crash boom!

If you move in on her, asking her out for dinner and crap, that makes you out to be a jerk. Sure some women will go for it, but seriously is she that kind of girl? no. Respect and be a gentleman. Date other women, and if you two are single by all means ask her out.

There are no tips anyone can give you on this.

You're going to have to take your chances and be prepared for being shot down.

I'd say if she's never dropped any sort of a direct hint at you that she has an inkling of interest, then she's not interested enough to upend her relationship apple cart with her boyfriend for you. You'd know by now if you had a chance with her.
    People treat you the way they feel about you

If you choose to remain with someone who doesn't treat you well, you cease being the victim and become the volunteer.

~Derrick Jaxn -- look him up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12