+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: guy dumps girl but still see"s her after breakup

guy dumps girl but still see"s her after breakup

Why do some guys still see their ex"s even when they are the ones that broke up with them?

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Depends, do you mean still dates them? or just hangs out with them from time to time?
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

We talkin' ****in' here?
    Speak less. Say more.

were talkin everything, like it's still the same

In that case: Covering bets.
    Speak less. Say more.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe they have a fear of commitment, and don't like the title. Or maybe just to have the best of both worlds, since they wouldn't technically we dating they could still date other people as well.

rosebud, what is the difference between dates and hangin out? i'm confused as hell

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    DAting is having the title of being in a relationship... bf/gf, or at least that's what I meant by it. Hanging out is being friends and doing things together.

He wants to have sex with you, but also wants to be able to pursue having sex with other girls without feeling guilty. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsee
    Why do some guys still see their ex"s even when they are the ones that broke up with them?
    Usually for sex...

Quote Originally Posted by independent
    Usually for sex...
    true.

it also works both ways.
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

Quote Originally Posted by chelsee
    I`m in this class just recently, when we split up it was like my world collapsed - but now it feels different I guess.

With Me and Hel, we didn't talk for like 18 months... it was a distance relationship anyway. We dropped the occasional email which is how we found out we were both going to the same race at Brands Hatch. On the Sunday of the race (we both went with different people, her with her new bloke and me with a girl mate) we both wanted to meet up and say hi... motorracing was what got us together after all. We didn't because it was too hard with her new bloke being an arse lol

Anyway, couple of weeks later we met up in London and had a day of catching up and shopping, and it was great! Above anything else, we we're best mates, and the reason we split really was because we had become too much mates and too little boyf/girlf. We helped each other through so much stuff (the difficult 17-23 and first pretty much everythings!) and we still love each other as much as ever, just in a different way now.

We still chat and it just feels right, although we know there are still some things each other doesn't want to hear about. I`m here for her and she's here for me, but we both know getting bacjk together isn't an option.

I guess it's possible to see an ex, as long as 1) your both comfortable with where you are in life and 2) don't get into ""my lifes better than yours" arguements. She's still my soulmate, and we know everything about each other... so we'll always be friends i guess.

i think it really depends....

like F1fever maybe b/c they were good friends and miss the friendship part...

but more often i think b/c of sex, and being afraid notthing better will come along maybe ex's stay in touch b/c their comfortable and unsure of what is out there...

How interesting, RB. In my circle, "dating" implies casual involvement, which may or may not involve sex and might include more than one person with duties distributed between them (e.g., one for romance; another for sex). "Are dating" implies a more exclusive involvement with one person, although by no means implies anything lasting. And "seeing each other" implies a monogamous involvement that might well turn into a lasting relationship. So, before a guy in my crowd decides on what kind of move to make on a woman, if any, he has to determine whether she is dating, whether she and another guy ARE dating, or whether she and someone else are SEEING each other. Vice-versa is also true.
    Last edited by whaywardj; 07-11-05 at 09:23 AM.
    Speak less. Say more.

jesus christ this is confusing, it's like there is a title for everything

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast