+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I go about dating a woman in the army?

How do I go about dating a woman in the army?

So there's this nice woman I met on a dating site, and we've been getting to know eachother a bit for a few months... I'm 21 and she's 22. We're looking for a serious relationship. She gave me her address and she's okay with meeting up for a first-date asap, like maybe at a museum. So anyway, I asked her when she's available, and she basically said she won't have time to hang for a while because she's busy studying at College, and will be joining the army... She said she wanted to join the army since she was 12 years old... Last time I talked to her in February, she said she's going to meps. Even though she's joining the army, she goes on the dating site almost every day.

Also, I just recently found out that there's a thing called army dating... People in the army actually have time to date civilians...? But how? And how long do the stay in the US, and how long overseas? To see her, I'm willing to get a full-time trucking-driving job and save up money to live close to where she is so we can date, and I will tell her this. How exactly do I go about dating someone in the army?

When I go through with moving close to where she is, can I ask her what her off-days are after her time of training is complete? I mean, people in the army have off-days where they can hang with their civilian friends, right? Considering the fact that people in the army can actually date civilians? I'm just confused as to how dating someone in the army works? Help? Advice? Don't judge and don't be rude. This all new to me, but I want this to work. She's perfect. I would even marry her after several dates.

EDIT: Nevermind, this is an unusual situation, I get it. I should ask her myself, 'cause who would know better than she would, obviously...
    Last edited by EmoBobSwagPants; 22-03-18 at 08:57 AM.

Well I'll answer anyway. If you can deal with not talking to her for a while. Days on end. When you're in any military branch they'll be days when she won't be able to talk to you at all. Is she even in the army? What if she's lying 🤔. But back to what I was saying or would you not be able to deal with not talking to her for awhile. Also how is she able to talk to you if she's done meps cause then is basic training which last a long time where you don't have any contact with anyone (other than occasional time but very limited)?