+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why so people find shame in online dating?

Why so people find shame in online dating?

Why do people find online dating embarrassing? Does finding someone online really affect other people that much? I mean, if you met someone who is really meant for you and compatible to you,
    does it really even matter where or how you met them? Why can’t people just be supportive when someone finds someone they genuinely love? I even met my hubby on this foreign date tour from an
    international dating social event. Where’s the shame in that? I’m proud to say that even though he was on the other side of the world, I found my soulmate.
    People could go searching their whole lives and never find theirs. Why judge? Do whatever makes you happy, right?

46% of dating app users met their current partner online.*Men are 4% more likely than women to fall in love and get married when meeting through a dating app.*52% of online daters admitted that dating apps have made them more judgmental of people’s looks.*49 million people from the United States have tried online dating.*Romance scam victims in the United States and Canada have reported losing nearly $1 billion in the last three years.*[On average there are 25,000 scammers online with victims at any one time.*A company that screens profiles for dating companies says that 500,000 of the 3.5 million profiles it scans every month are fraudulent.*It is estimated that there may be more than a million victims of romance scams in the United States.*According to the FBI the greatest dollar loss of any scam that affects individuals is investment fraud, second is romance fraud.*In a study of dating apps by Ogury it was found:*Men are twice as active on dating apps than women.According to a study most dating apps uninstalls occur within the first day of usage.Thursday proved to be the busiest day on dating apps across most countries.California has the worst male to female ratio on dating apps (77.8% male to 22.2% female) while Wyoming is the most balanced state (63.5% male, 36.5% female).China12 Chinese dating apps run by 21 firms in China have been shut down amid allegations of fraud for using bots posing as women.*]Dating, Relationships & MarriageIncluding the word ‘flowers’ in your dating profile increases inbound messages by 52%. Including ‘Old-fashioned’ boosts your inbound messages by 16% and including ‘hopeless romantic’ boosts your inbound messages by 38%.. 75% of singles say ‘snuggling in front of the fireplace’ is the most romantic date. Other popular suggestions include ‘candlelight dinners’ (58%) and a ‘picnic in the park’ (45%).*

A company that screens profiles for dating companies says
    What company is that?
    People treat you the way they feel about you

If you choose to remain with someone who doesn't treat you well, you cease being the victim and become the volunteer.

~Derrick Jaxn -- look him up