+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why did i get friends zoned?

Why did i get friends zoned?

I'm 14 and I really like this girl. I don't understand why I got friend zoned. I care about her and I know she can tell I do. I compliment her and we always ft and text. So I don't understand what I am doing wrong. Please help!

does she have a boyfriend now? how old is she? how do you know she is aware of your feelings? what is "ft"? it is quite normal for friends to compliment each other and text. my guess is she is too young for a relationship or her parents have warned her no boyfriend at her age. what is her dress and personality style? does she hang out with mostly guys or girls? are you aware of her gender attraction?

Quote Originally Posted by bunnyhabit View Post
    does she have a boyfriend now? how old is she? how do you know she is aware of your feelings? what is "ft"? it is quite normal for friends to compliment each other and text. my guess is she is too young for a relationship or her parents have warned her no boyfriend at her age. what is her dress and personality style? does she hang out with mostly guys or girls? are you aware of her gender attraction?
    She doesnt have a boyfriend. She is my age (14) She knows that i like her. Ft is Facetime. She isnt to young because she has had realationships before.

Well man, how can we know what 14-year-old girl is thinking? You should ask her that yourself.

My guess is that you wasted too much time over chatting rather than meeting in real life. Girls lose interest fast if you don't make effort to meet them.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

It sounds like she just wants to be friends with you. That's it. Or you just didn't ask her out. When you ask someone out, use the word "date" so it's crystal clear what you want. Communication is the foundation of any relationship and if you can't do that, you won't get a date.

Also you need to understand that girls like guys who are confident. If you don't show enough confidence you are not attractive. So it's better to get your confidence ASAP or you won't have much of a dating life.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

what is her dress and personality style? does she hang out with mostly guys or girls? are you aware of her gender attraction? where her past relationships with men or women? do you think she is still virginal? how long since her last relationship?

You get friendzone because she isn’t attracted to you
    The friendzone is just an excuse for her noninterest

As to what specifically you did wrong we can’t know because you don’t give that information

At this age however I would tend to say it’s something superficial like fame status looks popularity or the like

Well, what exactly makes you think you've been friend zoned? You didn't give us much information, so we don't have much to go on here. Did you ask her out and got shot down? What exactly happened that made you sure you've been friend zoned? Because I think my advice would be to just go for it and ask her out. And, as others have said, make it clear you mean on a date and not just to "hang out" as friends. Maybe you will get shot down, and that will suck... but you will see that you will be okay. Not only that, but it will get a little easier each time... and eventually somebody will say yes. On the other hand... what if you don't get shot down? What if she says yes? Or, better yet, what if she'd even been hoping you'd ask? It is almost always better in life to try (even if you fail) than it is to not even try and be left wondering what if.

As for what you did to become "friend zoned" if you even have... Well, you didn't really share enough information for us to know that. I do think the concept of the "friend zone" is greatly exaggerated. Generally speaking, if somebody sees you as only a friend it is because that is all they were ever going to see you as no matter what. Sure, there CAN be situations where maybe there could have been something romantic under different circumstances, but the people have been friends too long to see it as anything other than a friendship.... But really, that is honestly a lot more rare than people would have you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Itz.Zeal View Post
    I'm 14 and I really like this girl. I don't understand why I got friend zoned. I care about her and I know she can tell I do. I compliment her and we always ft and text. So I don't understand what I am doing wrong. Please help!
    You got friend zoned because:

1. You're 14
    2. You compliment her (pedistalize, place yourself "lower")
    3. You always FT and Text