+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I tell the truth to my husband?

Should I tell the truth to my husband?

I am separating with my husband and he keeps digging for details and has asked if there is another man.

I have not had an affair, but I am interested in another man. I have not told the "other man" yet because I want to wait until I am clean out of this relationship.

Will it help my husband find closure if I tell him the truth, or will it just rub salt in the wound?

I know some people may comment that I shouldn't jump right into a new relationship after a separation, but I am not looking for the new one to be a serious long-term relationship. It is just a guy I am interested in dating and I'm not leaving my marriage for him - it's over either way.
    Last edited by stuckgirl; 25-03-18 at 09:24 AM.

I suppose not to do it. It is because it seems too fast for your husband to accept your separation and a bigger deal that you have another man outside. I think he may get mad and turn out doing something unexpected or dangerous. So, just let the separation becomes normal and dilutes your relationship, then you might tell him the truth which minimize the disaster happen.

Thank you Jay. I think this is what I'll do.

Do not tell him. At this point, there really is no "other man". Make sure your divorce is final before you date anyone else or it will make you look really bad.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)