+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why?

Why?

I'm a hopeless romantic that loves unconditionally and hard. Married twice. 1st marriage was a rushed disaster. He cheated and emotionally, physically and mentally abused me (church boy). 2nd marriage he was a safe choice that completely neglected me after marriage. Boyfriend after 2nd husband was my soulmate so I thought until he becamed verbally and physically abusive. I was devastated. So here comes the hero right? We lived 2 states apart but we hit it off. We had a little rocky of a start but worked out the bumps and were living a great life. We had established a blended family. Life couldn't get any better. He had been on a business trip and on a dating/hook up app. When confronted he deactivated the profile and lied to my face multiple times. I was so shocked and hurt. I had done everything I was supposed to do. He was sneaking and lying. He finally came to his senses and admitted to what he had done and claims he didn't cheat was just scrolling through the profiles. I DON'T trust HIM. He's begging for another chance as I do love him but I've been through so much. I don't know if we can recover. Plus our children finally had a stable environment. This us tearing our whole family apart. Why do men do this? Someone help me understand.

it is hard what you are going through as no one deserves to be cheated, but did he? However, if it is the first time make sure that he understand that it is something that you wont tolerate as it is a dealbreaker for your relationship. But maybe it was nothing serious, people do stupid things sometimes without realizing its side effects. Or maybe you are taking it too seriously. move on but keep him in check it is good that you confronted him and he admitted. this is a very good start. well done.

Harmony1 he deleted all evidence when he deleted the account. He only told the truth because I had the proof. The app really wasn't the issue it was the fact that he had an app lock on it then deleted the account and lied until confronted with the truth. That kind of liar will lie about anything. He was a great man but I'm now questioning everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your reply and btw this is not the 1st time we've dealt with lying.

Sounds to me like you already know what to do. But I have a question. Do you have evidence of him cheating as well as lying?