+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girl stopped texting all of a sudden

Girl stopped texting all of a sudden

Me and this girl I matched on tinder have been texting for a while and I asked her out, she said yes but was not ready yet. We started of texting on tinder but after a while I gave her my number and we continued on imessage. We were in contact almost every day and the last couple of days she was the one initiating, I had mostly started to conversations. She had used a lot of emoji’s, send funny pictures and quotes and laughs at my jokes, she texts a lot ones we get started and we both have been flirting. The last time she send a text was five days ago. She initiated the convo that day and flirted about this thing we were taking about and was in a good mood. I send a short text two days ago (hope you are having a good day!) got no reply, didn’t send anything yesterday. She has always been quick in responding to my text. Have also noticed that she is no longer my match on tinder as well, I think she still was my match about a week ago. I don’t understand what happened, why she just disappeared and what to do. Is she testing me, playing games or wasn’t interested?

perhaps she is sick, is no longer interested in you or hooked up to a guy that forbids her from chatting or fraternizing with other men. is she matched with any other guys on tinder?

"she said yes but was not ready yet."
    Wasnt that interested.

I wouldn't waste a thought over this, her attraction level was probably at a 5 or a 6.
    Meaning, you just barely had a chance.
    She might have just had you as a "I miiiight go out with him", I don't even bother with women like this.
    Find someone that is excited!

yeah it seems she is not really interested in you~if she is really want to match you~she probably answer yes when you ask her to come out. So just meet another girl bt still wait for her reply at the same time.

If you get anything but a yes....it's a no, and you need to stop wasting your time with them. Kick them to the back of the line and ask someone else out.

It sounds to me like she did most of the initiating and you didn't escalate to ask her on a date. You didn't ask her out and close the deal. So she thought you were uninterested and left. The ball is in your court now. Contact her ASAP and escalate, or just let her go.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I do kind of agree with the others. To me, when you asked her on a date and her response is "yes, but I'm not ready for that yet" that was probably the time to just move on. I mean, there didn't have to be any hard feelings. Not like you had to be like "Well, F you then." LOL! But, at that point it was probably better just to say something like "Okay. Well, let me know if you ever decide you are ready." And then just leave it at that and go about looking for other women to date.

IF she happened to reach back out and wanted to date, then great. You could maybe consider it then. But, if she's on tinder and yet "isn't ready" to date you, that sounds like a BS answer to me. Not like you were asking her to be your girlfriend already. Just to go out on one damn date. So, honestly better just to move on and assume she's no interested. If she changes her mind, let HER have to reach out to you. Maybe by then you'll be interested in giving her a chance, maybe by then you won't anymore. That would be HER loss, not yours. But don't wait around for somebody, or bend over backwards trying to get their attention.

Good luck.

Next time make an effort to meet in real life
    You showing sincere interest is something else than just texting getting nowhere

Update:
    It’s now been about 3 weeks since her last text. I should mention that when I first time asked her out on a date, and she said yes, she told me that she is in a period where she is very self-focused and would be ready for a date in a couple of months. The second time I reminded her that I wanted to see her (about a week had passed since I asked her the first time by then) she again told me that she is in a very self-focused period and would let me know when she is ready for a date. We kept on texting more or less each day for about a week and then she stopped. I think she has had some bad experiences with online dating in the past. As mentioned before, she seemed happy and flirty the last time we were in contact. Have sent her about 5 text after her last text (nothing about why she haven’t replied or angry text, just random stuff. Nothing that really requires a reply). It’s now been a week since my last text.

3 weeks means she probably moved onto dating another guy and lost interest for whatever reason. Stop texting. Find someone new too.

There is a general rule to texting:
    Don’t do it.
    Use it to set up a meeting time AT the most

I personally never used that rule, but for me texting always got me the results I wanted

Again, I would agree. At this point I think it is best that you just consider it over. Forget her and move on. Again, hindsight is always 20/20, but I'd have said pretty much the same after she fed you the BS about being ready to date.... in a few months. But, I understand why at the time you hoped you could take her at her word and that maybe you two would go on that date once she was ready. That wouldn't have been my advice, but I understand all the same.

For now, though, it doesn't seem to me like she is worth the effort. You shouldn't have to go crazy chasing somebody, especially when she can barely be bothered to give you the time of day. Better to forget her and look for other women to date instead. If she happened to pop back up and ask you out... well, then that may be a different story. But I would personally not recommend you keep trying to reach out to her at this point.

Good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lars77 View Post
    Update:
    It’s now been about 3 weeks since her last text. She again told me that she is in a very self-focused period and would let me know when she is ready for a date.
    Why don't you believe her when she says this to you?

She's being consistent in what she says and what she's doing.
    People treat you the way they feel about you

If you choose to remain with someone who doesn't treat you well, you cease being the victim and become the volunteer.

~Derrick Jaxn -- look him up

Quote Originally Posted by Minikimini View Post
    Why don't you believe her when she says this to you?

She's being consistent in what she says and what she's doing.
    Because that is the kind of BS line somebody feeds you when what they really mean is "I'm just not interested in you, but I THINK I am sparing your feelings and letting you down easy by saying things like this." Could she honestly truly mean it, that she just isn't ready to date right now, but MAY BE in the near future? Sure, she could.

But A) when people say things like that, 9 times out of 10, (Hell, 99 times out of 100) it is just an excuse to let the person down easy... not realizing that it really doesn't do that at all. B) They met on Tinder. That's a dating app. She's on Tinder....yet not ready to date? ...Yyyyyyeah. I call BS on that one. So, the MUCH more likely scenario is she's just not that interested, but didn't want to hurt his feelings. So, in my personal opinion, much better just to move on assuming that is the case. If it turns out that she actually IS interested in him but sincerely just wasn't ready, well then great. Let her reach back out when she IS ready. But, more often than not lines like that just mean the person isn't interested.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    Because that is the kind of BS line somebody feeds you when what they really mean is "I'm just not interested in you, but I THINK I am sparing your feelings and letting you down easy by saying things like this."
    Even if it was BS, they haven't met. This is all a texting adventure with emojis. There has been no investment that has to be honored here.
    People treat you the way they feel about you

If you choose to remain with someone who doesn't treat you well, you cease being the victim and become the volunteer.

~Derrick Jaxn -- look him up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast