+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Single my whole life? Debatable

Single my whole life? Debatable

Whenever I like someone I always become friends with benefits with them and then It ends always him finding someone else. Always! I'm too afraid to date someone because I don't wanna I don't know maybe not be good enough, or we break up and me not being able to handle it or being cheated on- all sorts of scenarios. I feel I'll be single my whole life....And yes I know I'm being overdramatic but hey I'm a teenager so I earn the right to be dumb. But still how do I get over my fear and let ease? And how do I raise my self esteem?

If things are not going so well in the outside its because things are not going so well from the inside.

Its good that you look for problem inside of you. You can rise your selfesteem by dealing with your addictions and doing the right thing - using time smart. When you know what you worth it will be easy not to settle for less than real relationship and don't do FWB thing anymore.

Dating is easy and actually easier than sex. So theres nothing to be afraid of.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 01-04-18 at 03:14 PM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

sounds like you jump, into sex to fast so guys brag you easy FWB material to friends. don't jump into bed to fast with guys and maybe your luck will change. they will play on your insecurities to get you in bed quickly. clean up your act and let them earn right to bed you more slowly.

bunnyhabit: I don't do the traditional FWB it's more of middle school FWB 😂 all we really do is kiss and give hickies that's it. I know wierd.

- - - Updated - - -

pcmaster: your right and ok I'll try.

[QUOTE=Bbcolz;1051211]bunnyhabit: I don't do the traditional FWB it's more of middle school FWB �� all we really do is kiss and give hickies that's it. I know wierd.

oh definitely child play, i wouldn't even classify as FWB you are just flirting if that's all you do.

bunnyhabit: yeah pretty much

No, you are doing more then flirting. Just because it's not full on penetrative sex does not mean it's harmless. You are destroying your own self esteem here, even if only in a PG rated fashion.

You need to establish & enforce boundaries. Until you value yourself enough to require a boy to take you on proper dates & be your BF before you bestow any benefits on him, no boy will respect you enough to actually ask to be your BF. If you keep this up you will also get a trashy reputation around school which will last past graduation. You won't be free of it until you get to college but by then you will not have developed the skills necessary to land a good relationship.

Learn to say NO. Also do not make that initial offer of FWB before you even give the boy a chance to ask to be your BF. Think about it, if you were willing to pay $100 for something but the seller offered to let you have it for $20 are you going to say, oh, gee here let me pay you 5x as much for it? If course not. You offering FWB before the boy even has a chance is the same principle.

you are young enjoy life. you only live one time. FWB is way fun lifestyle than tied up with one guy