+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you do or where do you go?

What do you do or where do you go?

I have posted this before and no doubt others do as well : Where does one go or what does one do to attempt to meet people to date? Everyone is different of course, most everyone uses the internet in some way. And if that is what you use, that's fine. But I am curious as to what others can and do, in fact, do. This would be a helpful tool to one and all who read this.

Only use the internet to find out events/where things are happening in your area and get out in public to meet people. Grab a couple of friends and have a good time. You will run into someone that way. Seeing them in person/interacting is easier to find attraction rather than looking a some bs profile and a out dated photo of someone.

i meeting most guys in bars, night clubs, malls and strolling on street around city center. most peoples go to night clubs with only one thing in mind. so this best hook up location by far

Ikea or other big furniture shops

I don't know. When I was still trying to date that was a big problem for me at my age. Online dating, at least in my experience, was nothing but a huge waste of time. There are a lot of stigmas/issues surrounding dating co-workers.... but really, as an adult where else do you really meet new people? ....But it seems like these days, EVERYBODY just comes pre-packaged with kung-fu grip, fun accessories, and a boyfriend/girlfriend. So, honestly, like 999 times out of a thousand, women at work are in a relationship.

I'm NOT the bar scene kind of guy because I don't drink. Until recently (I recently got into comic cons/horror cons/etc. and cosplay) my only real social hobby was board gaming.... which attracts mostly my fellow male nerds. LOL! So, online dating is out. Work is out. The bar scene is out. ...Where exactly do I meet women?

Well, seems to me the answer has basically been... I don't. Maybe that will change some day, but for now I'm okay with it. I'm learning, instead, to be happy the way I am. Seems my only option anyway, so I might as well choose to enjoy it rather than let it make me miserable.

The truth is, it can be anywhere at anytime. The key is to take advantage of situations as they arise. An example, you're in a checkout lane and you notice the woman in front of you is getting ready to buy a scary movie. Just give her some dumb comment about it, "So are you actually going to be watching that or just staring at the inside of your hands?"

Stupid comment? Maybe. But really, it's not as much about what you say as how you say it and uphold yourself.

I think it's important to be the best version of yourself. Try to get a good career with a good life/work balance. Eat healthy, go to the gym, just take care of yourself. Healthy body, healthy mind. Read, invest in yourself. Purchase decent clothes that fit that you still enjoy. A decent hairatyle, good grooming, etc.

Eventually you'll just naturally hold you self differently, be more confident, etc. You do it for you. Not necessarily for others.

The problem with what you're looking for, is you're looking for places to specifically prowl for women. I wouldn't suggest it unless you're just looking to improve your social game.

You generally display a weird unnatural vibe, whereas the guy that goes out and does stuff just to do stuff that so happens to run into a woman as a second perk, displays a very different vibe.

I can only speak based on my experiences, but this has worked the best. Don't be too hard on yourself. Focus on improving yourself daily (like healthy eating, plus gym time, you still get time to BS around with other stuff as well but prioritize this). Life is a marathon.

I'm not saying to completely change yourself, still be you, but be the best version of yourself.

Agree with Glee. It can be anywhere. But it takes a lot of confidence to use those oportunities. Then again first girl would be the hardest. After that it gets easier. Still remember first girl I talked with in a shoping mall. It was so scary. But exactly thats what make grow and getting over fear the most. People allow themself to approach and say certain things in nightclubs and dating sites. But they dont allow themself to do it during day on a street. So its all about what you allow to yourself. Find something in yourself that will allow you to approach in public.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by GLYC View Post
    The truth is, it can be anywhere at anytime. The key is to take advantage of situations as they arise. An example, you're in a checkout lane and you notice the woman in front of you is getting ready to buy a scary movie. Just give her some dumb comment about it, "So are you actually going to be watching that or just staring at the inside of your hands?"

Stupid comment? Maybe. But really, it's not as much about what you say as how you say it and uphold yourself.

I think it's important to be the best version of yourself. Try to get a good career with a good life/work balance. Eat healthy, go to the gym, just take care of yourself. Healthy body, healthy mind. Read, invest in yourself. Purchase decent clothes that fit that you still enjoy. A decent hairatyle, good grooming, etc.

Eventually you'll just naturally hold you self differently, be more confident, etc. You do it for you. Not necessarily for others.

The problem with what you're looking for, is you're looking for places to specifically prowl for women. I wouldn't suggest it unless you're just looking to improve your social game.

You generally display a weird unnatural vibe, whereas the guy that goes out and does stuff just to do stuff that so happens to run into a woman as a second perk, displays a very different vibe.

I can only speak based on my experiences, but this has worked the best. Don't be too hard on yourself. Focus on improving yourself daily (like healthy eating, plus gym time, you still get time to BS around with other stuff as well but prioritize this). Life is a marathon.

I'm not saying to completely change yourself, still be you, but be the best version of yourself.
    I don't know if you were specifically responding to my part or just answering in general. However, I personally have never been the "picking up chicks" kind of guy. So, I never really go to any kind of event with the full-on mindset that I'm just there to pick up women. I have never and will never look for places to "prowl women."

That said, though, I would actually echo a lot of your sentiments. In my early life, those are very much a lot of the things I neglected. In other words, just caring about MYSELF first and letting that carry into the rest of my life. Sadly, I kind of just recently, over the last few years, learned to finally appreciate myself. And I did that FOR ME, not as a way to find women. I did it because I needed to do it. I did it because I deserved to finally care about myself. And it has made me so much more comfortable in my own skin, which I have even noticed people seem to pick up on. It really does have positive effects on the rest of your life as well.

So, yes, I whole-heartedly agree with this.

Meetup.com

Join meetup groups in your area that are tied to the kind of subjects and activities that you enjoy.
    Then you meet people in person.

That is 90% of what I do. 99% of the dates I have gone on in the last 3 years has been women I met via Meetup Events. Only one date ever happened from OLD during that time. I have since killed off all my OLD accounts. Tinder is still on my phone, but it has produced nothing in the time it has been on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    I don't know if you were specifically responding to my part or just answering in general. However, I personally have never been the "picking up chicks" kind of guy. So, I never really go to any kind of event with the full-on mindset that I'm just there to pick up women. I have never and will never look for places to "prowl women."

That said, though, I would actually echo a lot of your sentiments. In my early life, those are very much a lot of the things I neglected. In other words, just caring about MYSELF first and letting that carry into the rest of my life. Sadly, I kind of just recently, over the last few years, learned to finally appreciate myself. And I did that FOR ME, not as a way to find women. I did it because I needed to do it. I did it because I deserved to finally care about myself. And it has made me so much more comfortable in my own skin, which I have even noticed people seem to pick up on. It really does have positive effects on the rest of your life as well.

So, yes, I whole-heartedly agree with this.
    Exactly. The thing is, most people don't take action, I've been there as well, on both spectrums.

You really do need to make your exterior a reflection of your interior.

I'm not saying you need to be "jacked", or anything. But some basic exercise, and eating right a good amount of the time will do wonders.

I know people that mope around and complain about everything. Career, their body, their life, etc but they never take action. You have to participate in your own rescue. It takes discipline, and doing things that you don't want to do, but it's totally worth it. When you're proud of yourself and your accomplishments you will show off a different vibe.

In fact, I would argue most people just give up in life, meaning, they settle on all aspects of life.

They get into relationships with people just because it's "going okay", they work a job just because it pays the bills even though they hate it intensely, they hate their appearance but think going to the gym is too much work.

Yet on the flip side, I see single dad's that are in great shape, go back to school to pursue their dreams, etc. That find great women.

I'm not trying to bash anyone, but it's just things that I've noticed in my own life experiences.

I firmly believe that women are a supplement to an already great life. If you're unhappy with your life, introducing a great woman to it will only give you temporary satisfaction, eventually once the honeymoon period phases out, and you're back to a routine life, you'll once again be unhappy.

You have to participate in your own rescue.
    Coach Corey Wayne quote?

Quote Originally Posted by PRW View Post
    Coach Corey Wayne quote?
    Yes! I've been following his work for years, and have both of his books. A lot of the stuff I say, is learned from him and based on applying his own principles to my own experiences. Great guy, first time anybody else on here has recognized him haha

Don't turn into a pick up artist but do develop some self confidence & learn to be comfortable in your own skin.

I met my husband at a business card exchange so I recommend looking around at similar events, Chamber of Commerce meetings, professional development classes etc.

Also try Alumni groups & other civic groups like Rotary, the Kiwanis, the Elks, etc.

Volunteer somewhere doing something you are passionate about: rescuing animals, saving the planet, fighting disease, raising money for the arts, politics, etc.

Don't be afraid to let friends & family know you are open to being introduced to new people.

Yes! I've been following his work for years, and have both of his books. A lot of the stuff I say, is learned from him and based on applying his own principles to my own experiences. Great guy, first time anybody else on here has recognized him haha
    Same with me, about 3-4 years. I think the guy saved my life!

I only have the first book. I'm not really into the content of the other one, my main concern was the dating aspect.

You'll see a lot of him in my posts,...I figure, why reinvent the wheel.

I never used dating apps or online to meet people to date ~ Has always been through, family, friends & or meeting on my own at events, daily life being out and socializing.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast