+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Fell for hookup

Fell for hookup

Good evening. The story is quite simple, I’m a very social guy but I’m not the best at hooking up at parties like my friends, the only person I have ever made sexual contact with has been my 2-year old ExGf, after that I’ve never kissed a woman again. On saturday easter, me and a group of friends headed up to a concert, with some girls aswell. In the middle of the concert, one of those girls approached me and asked me for a dance, we did and she became my first hook up after two years. The night was wild with her, we ended up the entire concert together and we gave each other affection, the group and I were dropping here off at her home and she still kept kissing me and hugging me. I lasted the entire night shocked because I still don’t understand how a girl hooked up with me, I barely know her name. She seems like a super nice girl, the thing is that the hook up was so good that I can’t stop thinking about her, I know how a party hookup works, it is supposed to be a one time thing, but still she hasn’t left my mind. It’s been a full day now, I haven’t talk to her, nor her to me (we only have our snapchats). I want you guys to tell me why did I fell for her, was it because I’ve never been with another woman aside for my only GF, and that girl was the first in two years? If so, can you give me any tips on how to eliminate this sudden crush, or how to even contact her by that matter? I don’t know anything about her, only her name and her snapchat account, also that we are both 18. Thank you in advanced for any sort of help

Calm down. If you act like an over active puppy dog you will lose her for sure.

Somebody in your group must know who she is & how to get in touch with her. You drove her home after all. Find out her name. Look her up on social media & talk to her. But be reserved. After chatting for a day or two ask her to meet you for coffee.

If you play your cards right you can turn this into more than a 1 time thing.

The thing is I don’t want *anything* with her (maybe the casual hook up again in a party or so) I just want an explanation to this sudden crush and what to do about it. I am not into a relationship at the moment, just hookups like the recent one

Do nothing. Take it as a sign that you "still got it" & have the ability to hook up just like your friends do. You are probably feeling like a whirlwind because it has been so long since you did anything like this.

First let's get something straight. You're not in love. You are in infatuation, aka the "honeymoon period" or "new relationship energy". You like that someone liked you. This happens in almost every new relationship, no matter how short the relationship was.

Second, she was very huggy and affectionate, that does not mean she wants to see you again. So don't assume things. However you can ask to see her again if you get her number. It costs nothing to ask.

If she gives you a fake number it means she doesn't want to see you again.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by joseph2000 View Post
    the only person I have ever made sexual contact with has been my 2-year old ExGf,
    That's sick! What is wrong with you? Disgusting! You're a mons... (NO! He didn't mean she's two years old! He meant they were together 2 years ago.) Oh! OH! Wow. Thank you, voice. I completely misunderstood that. LOL! Kidding, of course. But... dude.... phrasing. Careful how you word things. LOL!

No, but being serious. ...So if I understand correctly it sounds like you have a crush... but you don't actually even WANT to pursue it. IF that is right, then I'd agree with the others. Just forget it, ignore it, and it should hopefully fade in time. We can't really answer for you WHY it happened other than the fact that you obviously liked the attention she gave you. Who wouldn't? So, it is somewhat natural that you are excited by that and part of you would love to see if there could be more to that.

If you were interested in seeing if she would want to see you again, date, maybe even eventually become your girlfriend... Well, then my advice would be to just go ahead and start chatting with her on SnapChat. Maybe you JUST have her SnapChat... but that is definitely better than having nothing. If you'd shared that wonderful night together and then she just left and you never got any contact info, there wouldn't be much you could do. But, you have her SnapChat, so if you wanted to see her again, why not try?

You seem to be saying you don't really even WANT to try, though. So, if that is true, if you don't really want a relationship, then just keep doing your thing. Go out and have fun and maybe even date other women. If you want to hook up with other women, hook up with other women. (As long as they know that is what is happening, as in don't act like you want a serious relationship but then just lead them on until you get what you want. Be honest about what you want.) You say you haven't had experience with many women, so it is kind of natural to get a little infatuated if/when one actually pays you some attention. It happens to us all. In time, you'll learn to better balance that so you can enjoy that feeling... but also take it slow and not go too crazy over somebody who may turn out to be fun for now, but not necessarily girlfriend material. And eventually you will find somebody who is right for you and live happily ever after and all that crap.
    Last edited by TheEvilJester; 04-04-18 at 12:13 AM.