+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do?

What should I do?

Hello. I've been with this girl for almost 3 months and the relationship ended pretty badly... I was kind of jealous and couldm't really trust her because of her past... she felt hurt and then she said that we should be friends for a period of time. This happend a few days ago, and at the moment I am the hurt one. I'm going to try to get her back. She says that she doesn't feel anything, but some of her best friends says that she does care about me. So, I've heard about the no contact rule... but everyone says that it should be 30 days. She said that beacause of the relationship, she can't concentrate on the exam that she is going to have in 2 months and a half... which means 10 weeks. Should I wait that long and then send her a casual text to congratulate her for her results and start talking? I have to mention that, at that moment, I will be gone for a month, so it would mean to only text for a month... what should I do? Wait for her to finish the exams and try to take it slowly? Also, does the NC rule include no snaps, no likes on fb or instagram and so on? Thanks!

You are being mis-informed about the NC rule.

When you are the dumpee, the person who got hurt & rejected, you implement this to cut the person who hurt you out of your life as a way of maintaining your dignity so you don't go beg & plead. It also gets rid of all the reminders so you are not proverbially picking at the emotional scab over your heart. When you have a scab & you pick it, you bled which slows healing. Same with break ups. NC is FOREVER.

The people who are telling you 30 days are playing games. They are trying to emotionally manipulate people. They think absence makes the heart grow fonder & that after you punish somebody, make them suffer, they will figure out that losing you is painful so they will be grateful you are back. Hogwash.

Why do you want to get back with her? Her past is still her past. It hasn't changed. You are a still jealous. A few days is not long enough for you to get a handle on your jealousy. In short every problem you two faced while together is still there. So what is the sense of getting back together? Leave her alone. Let her take her exam in peace. Move forward in your own life.

Sure, I'm going to let her take her exam in peace, but in this period of time I'm going to move forward with my life and I'm going to change, of course. I'm not going to be the same in the relationship, I know what I did wrong and I'm not willing to make the same mistakes again. I'm going to understand her and her past... I really do think that we were made to be but we did it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Asdfg1234 View Post
    I'm going to understand her and her past... I really do think that we were made to be but we did it wrong.
    Which means you aren't going to do what you just said you would do in the preceding statements. Stop BS'ing yourself.

I you want her back, you have to leave her. Hehe, Sounds crazy right? Well, when a girl starts craving for you, shes never going to make any excuse to avoid being with you. She wont be able to focus on anything else but you. While you're the needy guy here, shes never gonna feel any need foe the chase because she knows she has you. Take a break for the time, spend time with others chicks and act completely cold with her. She has to see you having fun with your other female friends. This will definetly ignite her feeling for you and make you the prize

Do not like any of her stuff via social media. This is an tricky topic the social media thing, don't contact on that one.