+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I be jealous?

Should I be jealous?

So I flirted with this guy and kissed a few times. I did tell him I liked him and he said he did too. Then he gets a girlfriend and I don't tell him that I'm hurt. Should I be jealous or should I not care because we weren't dating?

Quote Originally Posted by Bbcolz View Post
    So I flirted with this guy and kissed a few times. I did tell him I liked him and he said he did too. Then he gets a girlfriend and I don't tell him that I'm hurt. Should I be jealous or should I not care because we weren't dating?
    Feelings are neither right nor wrong: they just are.

It's the action you put to those feelings which makes it right/wrong.

I opt for not caring because you two weren't dating.

Take a cue for the future: if you like a guy enough to flirt and kiss him, then make it clear to him that you'd like to explore more with him.
    People treat you the way they feel about you

If you choose to remain with someone who doesn't treat you well, you cease being the victim and become the volunteer.

~Derrick Jaxn -- look him up

that was simple flirting and no monogamous commitment was made by you or him. i am sure you like many people. next time get a commitment before share spit.

I don’t understand the question?
    Are you jealous because you didn’t make a move when it was possible?
    Or are you jealous because he is getting some and you are not?

I think "should I be jealous" isn't necessarily the right question. Jealousy is more of a gut reaction. To some degree, you can't help it. I can definitely understand why you'd be jealous. I think we'd all feel the same way if we had a similar experience.

The difference is, though, you should realize that he didn't necessarily do anything wrong. So, you should at least let your jealously slide as best you can. Because, by your own description, you two flirted and kissed a little. That doesn't even sound like you actively dated. That sounds more like just a little fooling around. So, there was really no implied expectations there. Heck, even if you two were actively dating, if you hadn't had the "exclusive talk" yet, then he was doing nothing wrong in dating other women... and a consequence of that could be him winding up hitting it off really well with somebody else. Doesn't mean anything against you. It wasn't like you weren't good enough. He just clicked well with that other gal. Somebody else will click with you.

But, I think any of us would feel a little jealous. You can't help that part of you thought there could be something special there. Just try not to let your jealousy linger. Instead, if you can, just move on and look for somebody else. It isn't worth making yourself miserable. Easier said than done, I know, but you'll find somebody. Good luck.